Chapter 34 (AAA Credit)

Subaru and Rem finished packing their bags ready to make their return back to Japan after another week-long visit to Lugnica. It was always hard for Rem to leave her sister, knowing she won't be able to see her again for quite a few months. But knew she would see her again no matter what.

"Well Subaru, are you ready to leave?" Rem asked.

"Yeah I think so." Subaru responded as he finished zipping up his bag.

"Before we leave, can you please give Nee-Sama her Christmas gift that we got for her?" Rem asked.

Letting out a sigh Subaru sat down on the bed. "I don't know Rem, I don't think she's going to like it. I-I mean isn't it a little stupid to be giving her a toaster of all things for her first ever Christmas gift?"

"What do you mean Subaru? Nee-Sama will love it, I picked it out myself." Rem said.

A Couple Weeks Back

Subaru and Rem took a short trip to the small indents on finding Christmas presents for their loved ones. Rem had never been to the mall with Subaru before and being with him made it ten times more fun. It was helpful to have him there to explain some of the things that didn't make sense to her.

Such as explaining why there were cars being displayed indoors

It was still a few weeks until Christmas so there weren't many people in the mall. Making it easier for Subaru and Rem to shop around.

"Subaru, are you sure you dont wanna look around at all the other stores? I'm sure there are better things to get your parents other than kitchen appliances" Rem asked.

"Well Rem we are kinda Christmas shopping on a low budget. We dont got a lot of money to spend so we have to choose our gifts carefully. I'm trying to one up what I got my parents last Christmas."

"What did you get them?"

"Last Christmas I got them bath salts and I doubt they even used them. So I think kitchen appliances will be a much better upgrade."

"Alright then... I guess you're right. I'm going to go take a look around other ailes." Rem said. She looked around the store glancing at all the kitchen appliances. Unfortunately she had yet to find something that caught her interest. The majority of the things the store was selling were far out of the budget.

Subaru didn't think he could find anything affordable, that was until Rem seemed to find something. "Subaru, I think I found the perfect gift for your parents!" Rem called out from another aisle.

"What did you find Rem?" Subaru asked as he walked over to her.

"I found these cute toasters." Rem said as she pointed to them.

Subaru looked at the box and noticed how the toasters were very dated for the year they were living in. They didn't look by any means modern, Subaru felt like they were manufactured in the 1950's and refurbished.

"Really Rem a toaster? We already have a toaster back at the apartment." Subaru said.

"Subaru I would be grateful to receive a toaster from you. They are very cheap too, so it falls well within our budget. I think I would like to get one as a gift for Nee-Sama." Rem responded.

"There isn't any electricity in Lugnica. What use would Ram get out of it?"

"It could serve as a nice decoration, Nee-Sama would surely love and cherish it."

"Well alright then, you are her sister so I guess you know what's best for her. But I still don't think that's a suitable gift for my parents."

"I'm sure they would also love it, Subaru. They would just be grateful to receive a gift from you. It's not the use they would get out of it that would make it special, it's the message behind it. I also think a toaster is a much better gift than bath salts..."