Chapter 30 (With a Little Help..)

"Come along now Rem, we are in theatre thirteen" Subaru said while looking down at his ticket. To celebrate the beginning of winter break, Subaru decided to take Rem to go see a movie in the theatre. She had never been, but he knew she would enjoy it.

He led her into a theatre and after walking down the dimmed hall. Rem caught her first look at how big a movie theatre screen was. The sight left her almost speechless. Subaru led her up the tiny stairs to get up to the very top of the theatre. This to him was always the best place to sit. Once they sat down Rem felt she had just sat down in the most comfiest seat in existence.

"Subaru this theatre is so huge, are all the theatres like this?" She asked.

"Yup, this is the movie theatre. Have you been to a theatre before in Lugnica? Like to watch plays or performances?"

"Only a couple of times. The theatres in Lugnica were never this big and fancy. Also when does the movie come on?"

"The movie won't come on until awhile, we arrived very early. More people will eventually show up. When they do we got to keep are voices down because we might get kicked out if we aren't quiet"

"Understood, Rem promises she won't make a sound and disturb other people"

Subaru gave her a nod, before changing the subject. "So what do you want to do over winter break? I am fine with doing anything you wanna do, all you have to do is name it"

"Rem wants to visit Nee-Sama for a while," Rem said.

"I know you would say that, well I am completely fine with doing that. It could also give me some time to chat with Emilia if that's alright with you"

"You are allowed to speak with anyone you wish to speak to. Rem doesn't have any issue if you wish to speak with Emilia"

"Well Subaru is grateful that you let him speak to other girls," Subaru replied, jokingly mocking the way Rem talks.

"Rem already knows you consider Emilia to be a very good friend and it would be unfair if she forbade you from speaking to her"

Their conversation was interrupted with the theatre lights starting to slightly dim. Rem took this as a sign that the movie was about to start and got excited. "Subaru, is the move starting?" She asked.

"Not yet, we are getting to one of the best parts of going to the movies. Watching the advertisements they play at the start"

The screen at the front of the theatre lit up and began playing a various assortment of advertisements. Most being trailers of upcoming movies with some behind the scenes footage.

One particular trailer was from a horror movie. Since the trailer had started Rem felt a little unsettled by the dark tone and the scary sound effects. It got so suspenseful she hid her face behind her hands. When she thought the trailer was over she slowly removed them from her face but immediately jumped and let out a shriek when the trailer ended with a jumpscare before it cut to its release date.

"Geez Rem, can we please try not to scream like that. Your scream startled me" Subaru said.

"Rem is sorry, that advertisement was very scary"

"Well it is a horror movie, cheap jumpscares like that should be expected"

Some cinema trivia would play in between trailers. It would put a multiple choice movie question up on the screen for the audience to read and they had a couple seconds to figure out the answer until it was revealed.

One such question was a question about which actor starred in a famous movie. Even though Rem was completely lost she still wanted to guess.

"Subaru Rem thinks the answer is answer C" She said confidently.