Chapter 15 (Seriously!?)

A couple weeks have passed, and it is now the first week of October. The leaves started turning yellow as the season of autumn sets in. School life has been more of the same for Rem, still keeping a great work ethic with every subject she attended.

As for Subaru, he is slowly but surely getting used to being back in school. His work ethic has seen improvement due in part with Rems assistance. Even though he is starting to regularly complete his assignments on time, Rem constantly finds mistakes in his math homework.

Sometimes there were so many to the point Subaru had to practically redo the entire paper. This was always an extreme moral killer to Subaru. He usually took several hours to redo one paper.

He spent his homeroom class working on his late assignments. Before he would just sleep through it. But he somehow found the motivation to push through and finish his assignments. He didn't have Rem next to him, since Rem decided to do swimming classes instead of homeroom. Meaning Subaru couldn't get distracted by looking at her all class and zoning out. 

On this particular morning Subaru was on a roll completing a missing assignment that was due all the way back in September. Whenever Subaru was in his working mood he always worked well and efficiently. 

The homeroom teacher walked in and went over the morning announcements. Subaru would on most mornings filter these out not paying any attention to what the announcements had to say. But a particular announcement took his attention.

"If anybody is interested in attending post secondary. Some colleges from across the country would be willing to give you a virtual tour, going over what classes they have to offer. Come to me and I will email you the link if you are interested"

Subaru's head went up. He had never put much thought into post secondary options. It was still something he was stuck on. One thing Subaru had to make sure to do is find a career that could provide for both Rem and the family she wanted to have.

A small tour wouldn't hurt, it might even give him an idea on what to do. Something inside Subaru made him stand up and walk over to the teachers desk to get more information on this opportunity.

Subaru was given a small description of how the virtual tours went. Basically the teacher emailed him links. He clicked one that caught his eye, and he would then be connected to a video call with a representative from said college. Subaru gave the teacher his email and returned to his seat. 

Rest of the homeroom went on pretty standard. Rem eventually rejoined Subaru to continue their classes. Rem has been very proud of Subaru's' attempts to at least put some effort into his assignments. It was definitely a step in the right direction. Though Subaru still tried to get out of doing stuff when he could.

Later in the day Rem had to attend the one class she genuinely disliked. The female gym class. Things haven't gotten much better since September. In fact it got worse. Everybody wanted to beat Rem at least once in a sport. Her title was a trophy to be had. A trophy Rem never wanted.  

She disliked it so much. Rem started to intentionally lose just so she would be left alone. Every time she was challenged by somebody who seemed competitive she would just throw the competition. Hoping to give the student their weird satisfaction and move on.

This strategy actually worked. Most of the students kicked Rem to the curve after they achieved their great victory, and usually moved onto someone else they found more worthy of their time.

Unfortunately one still remained. The one student that still wasn't satisfied was none other than the student Rem raced a couple weeks ago.

Rem intentionally lost against her multiple times, but this would only infuriate her. She knew Rem was throwing and refused to put up a fight..She was starting to think Rem didn't see her as a real challenge worth her effort.