Chapter 5 (An Unexpected Turn)

Rain poured onto the streets covering every inch of uncovered pavement. Ram and Subaru stood close to each other protected by a single umbrella.

"Now let's go see your sister," Subaru said, in a calm and collective voice. He noticed Ram's face tense up. Ram was scared to see Rem after their argument. Subaru noticed this and felt sorry for Ram. He hated seeing Ram and Rem get into a fight. Hit hurt him more knowing he could have prevented it. If only he didn't walk off.

"Don't worry Ram, I already talked to Rem and she already agreed to talk to you," Subaru said. Ram's smile returned to her face.

"Thank you very much Barusu, but I am confused. Why are you helping me, after everything I said to you and Rem. Why aren't you angry?" Ram asked Subaru in a serious and confused tone. Her face held a neutral expression as she awaited Subarus answer.

"It's because I care about you. I never took anything you said personally. I know on the inside you trusted me more than ever. You were just acting out of love and care for your sister, and I have no choice but to respect that. Now let's get going, Rem is waiting for us," Subaru said looking back at Ram.

Ram felt touched by Subarus words. She nodded in agreement, and the two made their way back to Subarus' apartment. They stood close to each other to be underneath the umbrella. It was the closest Subaru and Ram have ever got without fighting with each other.

When they arrived at the apartment, Subaru knew Ram was nervous and scared. He could feel Ram's remorse and regret about the things she said in the heat of the argument.

"Relax Ram, take some deep breaths. I am sure if you just apologize to Rem, she will forgive you. I know I would," Subaru said as he looked over to Ram. He noticed tears steaming Ram's face, as her body shook uncontrollably. Ram didn't have any words to say. The things Rem said to her ecod in her head continuously.

Subaru went over to Ram and put his hand on her shoulders. Subaru looked into her crystal pink eyes ''Ram... I care about you and Rem more than anything. It pains me to see you two fight, but to every problem there's always a resolution" Subaru said in a voice full of sympathy and compassion.

"R.... Rem said she never wanted to see me again!" Ram cried out in sorrow, as more tears flowed out her eyelids. No matter how many tears she tried to wipe off her face. She could still feel more stream down her face like a continuous river. Her eyes grew cloudy as more tears continued to form like a rain cloud.

Subaru took one of his hands and wiped some tears from her face. "Rem didn't mean that. She was just really upset. Just know she wants to talk it out with you. I know it might seem scary to go up and talk to her, but please Ram be brave," Subaru said calmly.

Ram sniffled, and nodded her head. Subaru turned and opened the apartment door slowly. Subaru entered first and Ram reluctantly followed behind him. Subaru looked over to the couch to see Rem still sitting on the couch in the same exact position he last saw her. Ram hid herself behind Subaru upon seeing Rem. Despite Subarus encouraging words, Ram was still scared of her sister.

When Rem looked over to see Subaru at the door, Rem immediately noticed Ram hiding behind him. Her pink hair sticking out from behind him as she peaked over to look at Rem.

Rem's blank expression did not change. Ever since Subaru left to go find Ram. Rem had some time to think about what she said to her sister. She felt horrible thinking about how upset she made Ram. Rem knew she loved her sister, and it broke her heart to see Ram afraid to even look at her.

"Follow me Ram," Subaru said as walked over to the living room. He sat down next to Rem, and Ram sat on the opposite couch. Ram grabbed a small pillow and hugged it over her body, in an attempt to hide herself.