Chapter 22 (Take That, von Hasburgs)

AN: Sorry for the late chapter. I kinda got sick, but I am better now. I will try to get at least one chapter out every week on Friday.

Feeling sunlight press against his eyes. He opened his eyes, and sat up to look out the window, to reveal the sun barely peeking up from the horizon.

He immediately threw his head back on the pillow. Knowing he only had a couple hours to get some sort of rest, Reinhard shut his eyes, and desperately tried to finally fall asleep.

Despite his countless hours of keeping his eyes shut. Thoughts of the next evening internally forced his eyelids open. Reinhard didn't sleep the entire night, he just couldn't stop thinking of his wedding the next evening.

The mixed feelings of anxiety and excitement created an unbreakable spell of consciousness. Whenever he remembered that the person he was sleeping next to was to be his wife the next evening, the feeling he got was the equivalent of getting cold water splashed in his face.

Despite having the entire night to think about it, Reinhard still couldn't comprehend how Ram was able to fall asleep so quickly. It only took her half an hour to begin letting out an unconscious breathing pattern.

With nervous thoughts wrapped tightly around his brain. Reinhard just had to go out and get some fresh air to clear his mind.

While making his journey out of the bedroom he made sure to perform every action slowly and gently. He didn't think Ram would want to wake up this early in the morning.

After stealthy entering the hallway and slowly closing the bedroom door. Reinhard made his way through the hallways. The morning was so young to the point darkness and stars still hovered in the sky.

The hallways were barely illuminated, and the night time silence still remained. Something odd immediately caught Reinhard's attention. The dining room doors were left open, and there seemed to be someone sitting at the table.

Walking closer to the dining room Reinhard got a better view of who was sitting at the table.

He didn't recognize him. The unfamiliar guests' attention was fixed on reading a book. He didn't even seem to notice Reinhards footsteps down the hallway.

"... May I know who you are?" Reinhard called out.

Kenichi got slightly startled hearing an unfamiliar voice call out to him. Looking away from his book he looked over to the door and found a tall looking guy, who was dressed very formally.

"Uh, hello there. Are you the owner of this place?" Kenichi asked.

"Yes, that would be me. May I ask for your name?"

"I am the father of Subaru. My name is Kenichi. You apparently invited us to stay over here last night. That's what Subaru told me at least..."

"So you are Subarus father? Well, I am glad to finally meet you in person" Reinhard said.

He walked over to the dining room table to sit across from Kenich. Who had his eyes set to the very fancy sword that was held in Reinhard's holster.

"Cool looking sword you got on you. Subaru told me that you were a knight. Have you ever, like... Slain a dragon before?"

"Well, I am the personal knight of Ram"

"Oh, so your Rams knight. Are you also the one she's going to be marrying? Or am I thinking of someone else"

"No, you got it right. That would be me"

"I knew she was marrying a knight of some sort, but never expected Ram to marry herself to prince charming of all people," Kenichi said.

He couldn't hold back laughing at the name he came up with for Reinhard. It sounded like the perfect nickname for him.