Chapter 14 (The Bell Tolls For Us)

Rem's first week of school was about to come to a close. Throughout the week she was able to show Subaru her determination to adjust to school life.

Each night she examined her notes and every single paper the teacher handed out. A Lot of the teachers took notice of her impressive work ethic. During class they look over to see Rem working hard and trying her best on every assignment.

Her concentration and commitment went unmatched by the other students. She was often praised in the minds of the teacher's. The gym coach in particular was astounded at her performance in gym class.

Gym class was the only class where Rem was separated from Subaru, since the gym classes were split by genders.

The gym coach watched Rem perform various physical activities with inhuman stamina. Seeming to never break a sweat no matter what activity they were doing.

Her stamina caught his eye the very first class. When he instructed them to do push ups for as long as they could. The teacher usually did this at the beginning of the year to give him the idea of who the active and lazy students are.

When instructed the students began their exercise. As the minutes went by the most unfit and lazy students were dropping onto the floor in numbers. Time went by and eventually the more active students succumbed to exhaustion.

Soon there were only four students left. Three of which had established physical reputations. They always participated in every competitive sports program the school had to offer. Then there was Rem, a mysterious transfer student that hangs around Subaru all day.

Suddenly one of the other students gave in. It was down to the final three. All but one of the students pushed past the extreme exhaustion in their arms.

Rem continued not showing any sign of stopping. No exhaustion was present in her face. With a loud thud to the floor. They were down to the final two.

The other student continued the exercise determined to beat Rem. She saw every sports activity as a competition and was out to win every single one. Unlike Rem who was just taking this casually, but put in the effort of a real competition.

The student's arms couldn't support her weight anymore; they gave in with one last push sending the student to the floor. Declaring Rem the winner of the unofficial and made up competition.

She slammed her fist on the gym floor in disbelief that a tiny and random girl beat her. Turning her head slightly she got the view of Rems blue hair rising up and lowering.

Despite casually and unintentionally beating all the competition, Rem continued the teachers instructions of continuing to do push ups until she had enough.

She was so focused on her exercise. Her mind was completely oblivious of the envious and enraged looks she was getting. The very active students were very agitated when they saw Rem continue to do push ups casually. They all thought Rem was just showing off how strong she was.

The coach blew a whistle and instructed the class to perform a different activity. He was pretty impressed with Rem's stamina. Having a hard time holding back his excitement to push Rem's capabilities in the competitive sports elective.

On the first day of that sports elective. The gym coach searched his class of extremely active and competitive students for a small blue haired girl, but Rem was nowhere to be found. The coach looked at the attendance list and he didn't see Rem's name anywhere.

The coach could not believe this extremely strong girl did not sign up for his sports elective. Being a strong believer in strengthening people's talents, the coach couldn't help but get confused. He knew Rem had so much potential sports wise, yet she chose not to pursue it.