One Shot: Toddler Daughter

Start from the beginning

Whenever he does so, he gives her a quiz about potions. Just for fun.

"What potion would you drink to fall asleep?" he questions as he's ready with the spoon.

"Sleeping Drought!" the small girl states. Severus chuckles as she mispronounced the word 'draught'.

"Sleeping Draught, that is correct. You are doing so well" he praises as he takes the spoon to her mouth.

Smiling proudly, she eats the food. "Nom nom, that tastes so good, Dada!" she exclaims.

As she still eats quite messily, there's a big of food on her chin. He chuckles before wiping it away with a handkerchief.

"I'm glad to hear that. Now, what is another word for a Love Potion?" he questions, intrigued to hear her answer. He expects it to be silly as he has never mentioned Amortentia to her before.

Eileen thinks for a while. "That must be 'Dada', because I love you so much!" she says, giggling.

Severus looks at her in awe. He always feels so happy and proud whenever she says she loves him.

He cried with happy tears when hearing her first word - Dada.

He puts down the spoon and gently hugs her. "I love you so much as well" he says, kissing her forehead.

She giggles. "That tickles, Dada!" she squeals.

Chuckling, he resumes feeding her. Once all the food is gone, they decide to play hide and seek.

"I'll count now! One! Two! Three!" Severus states loudly, counting to twenty.

Giggling, Eileen runs into her playroom, hiding among all her plushies.

She has quite a few, but her favourite is a brown owl that looks just like Y/O/N.  Severus gave it to her as he thought it would be funny.

Whenever Y/N asks where her owl is, the father and daughter duo will laugh and point to the plushie in Eileen's arms.

No matter how important it is, Y/N would always chuckle at them. She could never get angry with these two.

"Okay, I'll find you now!" he states as he looks around. Where could Eileen be hiding?

Having an idea, he slowly approaches her playroom. As he peeks inside, he chuckles to himself as he sees her long black hair among all the plushies.

He slowly enters. "Now, where could Eileen be? I don't have the faintest idea" he dramatically says.

As he hears giggling, he slowly walks towards the plushies. Smirking, he attacks her with tickles.

"Got you!" he exclaims as he tickles her. The girl keeps giggling and giggling.

Chuckling, he stops his attacks and helps her up on her feet.

She has the owl plushie in her arms.  "Y/O/N wants to play, too!" she states.

They hear a confused hoot coming from the living room.

"Not you! But you can play too if you want" Eileen says as she giggles.

She then smiles at her father, looking up at him with her Y/E/C eyes. "Okay, my turn!" she declares.

Nodding, he sneaks out once she has her back to him.

"One, two, three... Dada, what's after three?" she asks as she can't remember.

"It's four, princess" he tells her.

She loves when they call her a princess - she does love to hear princess stories and dress up as one. In fact, she's wearing a green princess dress and a tiara right now.

"Oki doki! Four, five..." she continues.

Severus sneaks inside the living room, hiding behind the couch.

He brings a finger to his lips, telling the brown owl not to make a peep. Or more like a hoot.

Nodding, the owl stays quiet.

"Here I come!" Eileen yells, giggling as she runs from one room into another, trying to figure out where her father is hiding.

Before she finally enters the living room, Y/N comes home from a long day of work. When she notices Severus hiding behind the couch, she watches from the doorframe.

Eileen enters, looking under the dining table. Both Severus and Y/N try not to laugh.

When the small girl approaches the couch, she giggles to herself as she sneaks up behind her father, gently tucking his hair.

"Now I got you!" she states.

Severus pretends to be surprised. "How in Merlin's name did you find me? I found the best hiding spot!" he exclaims.

"I'll always find you, Dada!" she says.

Smiling, he once again attacks her with tickles. "Dada!" she squeals, giggling.

Y/N chuckles as she approaches them. "I see you two have had fun" she says as she looks at them, smiling.

Eileen nods. "Yes, so much fun! Dada is the best Dada in the world! And Mommy is the best Mommy in the world!" she exclaims as she hugs them both.

"And you are the best daughter in the world. Isn't that right, Severus?" Y/N asks her husband as she hugs her daughter back.

"Indeed she is" he agrees, hugging both of them.

He then looks at his wife. "And you are the best wife in the world" he says before kissing her.

Y/N smiles. "Well, you are definitely the best husband in the world" she says as she kisses back.

They both look at their daughter as she clears her throat. "Hey! I want kisses too!" she pouts.

Her parents chuckle at her before attacking her with kisses, making her squeal.

The Snape family is exactly what Severus needed in his childhood - a happy family full of love.
———————————————

Author's note:
I don't have any more requests for FWTPM. Remember that you can send requests! 😇

Update: There's a new request! It's called "We Got You" and will be published on 5/16/2022.