One Shot: Honeymoon

Introduction:
Severus and Y/N finally go on their much needed honeymoon.

This is not a request.

It's a continuation of "A Day in Their Married Life". Y/F/N means your father's name.

I hope you enjoy!

Published: 3/7/2022
———————————————

Word count: 1k
Warning: Sex (it's however more of an indication / mention, this doesn't contain smut)

It's been two and a half years - Severus and Y/N still haven't gone on a honeymoon.

They haven't had the opportunity yet. Y/N has been busy with her internship at St. Mungo's Hospital, and people keep bothering them - Draco keeps inviting them over to Malfoy Manor, Minerva McGonagall keeps asking Severus how their marriage is, and Y/N's father just won't leave them alone.

Severus sighs. Will they ever go on their much needed honeymoon?

He tries to read his book, but he can't concentrate. He really needs to get away from everything and everything, just he and his wife.

The question is, where can they go without anyone bothering them?

He's startled as somebody knocks on their door. He growls as he makes his way towards the front door. Who dares to interrupt?

Y/N is still at St. Mungo's Hospital, so it can't be her. Besides, she can just walk inside as it's her home as well.

Severus mentally prepares himself to scold whoever is on the other side of the door.

Once he opens it, he's surprised to see Lucius Malfoy.

"Lucius? What a... nice surprise. What brings you here?" Severus asks, raising an eyebrow.

"Hello, Severus. I do hope I'm not interrupting. I merely came here to talk to you" Lucius tells him.

"You only interrupted my reading... Come in" Severus mutters as he rolls his eyes before stepping aside for his friend to enter.

Chuckling, Lucius does so, entering the living room. The two of them sit down on the couch.

"So, what would you like to talk about?" Severus asks as he conjures two glasses of firewhiskey.

Lucius gives a thankful nod before taking a sip of his drink. "Well, Draco has told me you and Y/N still haven't gone on a honeymoon after all this time. Is that true?" he questions, looking at him curiously.

Severus sighs. "Correct, we haven't managed to find the right place. You see, her imbecile of a father won't leave us alone. We need to find somewhere he won't find us" he states, sounding frustrated.

Lucius nods. "I see. Well, then you might like to hear my suggestion" he says.

Severus looks at him, intrigued to hear more.

"My family owns a cabin in France. I think it will be exactly what you two need. You see, I'm the only one who knows the location - if Y/F/N asks, I have no idea where you are" Lucius says, smirking.

Severus smirks as well, taking a sip of his drink. This is indeed the perfect plan.

A few hours later after Lucius has left, Y/N returns home from her internship.

"Severus, I'm home" she calls as she enters the living room.

She's confused when she doesn't see him. Where could he be?

She almost squeals when she feels two arms wrapping around her.

Severus chuckles. "I'm glad that you are home. What would you say if you and I finally go on our honeymoon?" he asks as he nuzzles his nose in her hair.

Y/N smiles. "I would love that. But where would we go?" she questions as she caresses his hands.

"Lucius has offered us a place only he knows the location of. Your father won't bother us there. It will just be you and me, alone" he tells her.

She turns around to face him. "Well, I do have a two week-long holiday soon. Why don't we use it for our honeymoon?" she suggests, looking into his eyes.

Severus strokes her cheek. "That would be great" he says before kissing her.
______________________________

A few days later, the husband and wife are in a cabin somewhere in France, far away from everyone and everything.

The two of them are sitting on the couch by the fireplace, Severus wrapping his arms around her. They are relaxing and enjoying each other's company.

So far, they have been spending their alone time relaxing, cuddling and reading.

"This is nice" Severus mutters, sighing in content.

It is truly a nice feeling of not having to worry about being bothered. Her brown owl is staying at Malfoy Manor where it's been taken care of, so they are truly alone.

Y/N smiles, kissing his hand. "It is. We should thank Draco's father when we return" she says.

Severus nods, hugging her closer. "If only we could stay here forever" he says, not wanting to leave.

She chuckles. "If we ask nicely, maybe we can use this cabin again in the future. It can be our holiday spot" she suggests.

"That would be wonderful" he agrees.

They then decide to head to bed as it's getting quite late. As they lie down, Severus caresses her cheek.

"I know you probably aren't ready, but I just want to let you know that I'll wait however long I have to. Even if it's never" he says, referring to their first time together.

He's completely fine if she never wants to. The most important thing to him is that she's happy.

Y/N grabs his hand, giving him a shy smile. "I'm ready, Severus" she tells him.

He looks unsure. "Are you certain?" he questions, not wanting to pressure her.

"I am. I want to do this on our honeymoon, and why not tonight?" she suggests, reassuring him by kissing his forehead.

Feeling assured, Severus lies on top of her as he kisses her.

"Very well, love. Please let me know if I hurt you" he says as he looks into her eyes with a worried expression. She nods, giving him an assuring smile.

Severus keeps kissing her as they make love to each other for the first time while their hands are intertwined. He always makes sure that she's comfortable, caressing her cheek with his hand that isn't intertwined with hers.

All this while he whispers "I love you so much" over and over again.

They fall asleep in each other's arms, both feeling happy and safe. They definitely need to thank Lucius for letting them stay at the cabin.

Unbeknownst to them, this night will soon bring happy and unexpected news.
———————————————

Author's note:
The next one shot "Surprise" will be published on 3/13/2022! It will be a continuation.