End of Year 3 (chapter 16)

Word count: 1.6k
Warning: Werewolves

A few hours after Lucius has left Hogwarts, Severus is heading to the Defence Against the Dark Arts classroom. He has to give Lupin his Wolfsbane Potion - the full moon is tonight.

However, once he enters the room, there's no one there. He raises an eyebrow at that. Where could Lupin be?

He then notices something on the teacher's desk. Severus takes a look...

That looks like the parchment Potter had in his possession a few months ago. But this time, it looks like a map.

He decides to check it. According to the map, Lupin is in the Shrieking Shack with Potter, Granger, Weasley... And Sirius Black!?

Severus immediately storms off with his destination in mind.

Not too long after, he enters the Shack. He immediately spots him - Sirius Black, looking crazy as he shouts.

Severus doesn't hesitate to disarm the Azkaban escapee. "Expelliarmus!" he exclaims as the wand flies out of Black's hand.

He doesn't even notice the surprised looks on the three Gryffindor students as Severus is too busy looking at Black, wanting to get revenge.

"Ah, vengeance is sweet. I hoped I would be the one to catch you" he says, enjoying this moment.

"Severus-" Lupin starts as the Potions Master points his wand at him.

"I've told Dumbledore you were helping an old friend into the castle, and now - here's the proof!" Severus states, gesturing to Black with his wand.

"Brilliant, Snape. You always come to the wrong conclusion" Black says, giving him a taunting look. Severus glares at him.

"Now, if you would excuse us, Remus and I have some unfinished business to attend to-" Black starts just as Severus presses his wand onto the man's throat.

"Give me a reason" he says, giving him a dangerous look.

"Severus, don't be a fool" Lupin pleads.

"He can't help it, it's a habit by now" Black dares to say.

"Sirius, be quiet" Lupin warns.

"Be quiet yourself, Remus!" Black yells, making Lupin give up.

"Look at you two, quarrelling like an old married couple" Severus taunts.

"Why don't you run along and play with your chemistry set!" Black snaps, looking irritated as the Potions Master is preventing him from committing murder tonight.

That makes Severus press the wand harder onto his throat.

"I could do it, you know. But why deny the Dementors? They are so longing to see you..." he warns as he notices Black suddenly looking fearful.

"Do I detect a flicker of fear? Ah, yes, the Dementor's kiss. One can only imagine what that must be like to endure. It's said to be nearly unbearable to witness, but I'll do my best" Severus says, resisting the urge to kill Black himself.

"Severus, please!" Lupin pleads with his colleague.

"After you" Severus says to Black, gesturing to the door.

He doesn't notice Potter grabbing Granger's wand.

"Expelliarmus!" the boy exclaims.

The spell hits Severus hard in his chest - in fact, so hard he flies across the room, landing on a broken bed. He's knocked unconscious as everything turns black.
______________________________