Year 6 Part 1 (chapter 29)

Author's note:
The school year will probably first start in part 3. I hope you enjoy!
———————————————

Word count: 2.1k
Warning: Receiving of the Dark Mark

It's July and it's quite hot in the neighbourhood of Spinner's End. Most people are outside, enjoying the beautiful weather.

Except for the Potions Master of Hogwarts - he's sitting on his couch, taking a sip of his firewhiskey while reading a book.

It's not just any book - it's the book his favourite student gave him for his birthday a year and a half ago.

He has read it many times, and yet he loves the experience whenever he reads it. It's definitely his favourite book.

He suddenly hears a tap on his window.

As he looks up from his book, he notices an owl. Severus raises an eyebrow. Who in Merlin's name has sent him a message? The Dark Lord nor Albus would call him by owl.

He can only think of three people who know where he lives - the Malfoys.

Sighing, he puts down his book before rising up from the couch. He walks towards the window and lets the brown owl inside.

As the bird flies inside, Severus takes a good look at it. He has never seen this owl before - did the Malfoys buy another one?

When the owl signals with its leg for the man to grab the letter, Severus does so. He then inspects it.

"To Severus Tobias Snape, Spinner's End. From Y/N Y/M/N Y/L/N, Y/L/N Manor" it says on the envelope.

He looks at it in disbelief. Did Y/N really send him a letter? How did she get his address? He decides to finally open it, immediately reading it over and over.
______________________________

"Dear Severus,

I hope you are well. I already miss Potions classes, in fact so much that I have read all of my Potions books a few times.

Anyway, you are probably wondering how I got your address. I asked Draco. I really hope you don't mind, but if you do, I promise I won't write again.

I'm writing to you because I want to invite you to the Leaky Cauldron in Diagon Alley.

I hope this isn't inappropriate, it's just that you do so much for us, so I thought it was time that somebody did something for you, and I thought perhaps you would like a drink.

If you would like that, you can owl me a date and time. I completely understand if you don't want to nor have time.

I hope you have a good summer so far.

Sincerely,
Y/N"
______________________________

Severus can't help but let the corner of his lips turn upwards as if smiling. He finds it amusing that she misses Potions so much that she has read through all of her books.

He definitely doesn't mind her writing to him, he might have to thank Draco next time he sees the boy.

He sits down at the dinner table before levitating a piece of parchment and a quill. He then writes back.
______________________________

"Dear Y/N,

Thank you for your letter. It came as a surprise, but a nice one nonetheless.

You must really miss Potions classes, huh? Well, I can recommend you a few books as well as a difficult potion to brew. I think you will find that Felix Felicis is indeed difficult, however, I know you can do it with ease as you are quite talented.