41 | 𝐓𝐞𝐫𝐫𝐨𝐫

𝙰𝙻𝙴𝚂𝚂𝙸𝙰 𝚁𝙾𝙼𝙰𝙽𝙾𝙵𝙵
2016, 𝚊𝚐𝚎 𝚝𝚠𝚎𝚗𝚝𝚢-𝚏𝚒𝚟𝚎

𝐓𝐰𝐨 𝐖𝐞𝐞𝐤𝐬 𝐋𝐚𝐭𝐞𝐫

The two weeks that Bucky and I have spent in Romania have been, enjoyable, per say. We kind of just hang out, explore the city, read.

The nightmares come every night like clockwork. Sometimes Bucky's is first, other times I beat him to it. We've both gotten exceptionally good at comforting each other, so that's a plus.

Bucky goes through notebooks more often than Natasha changes her hair, and that's saying something. If it helps him try to remember, I'm all for it. The most devastating development in his memory dilemmas is the most recent one, that happened a few days ago. He doesn't remember Steve. Or any of his memories with him. He barely remembers a lot of his memories with me.

When things are tough, sometimes I write in my notebook. Try to make sense of my life. My self.

I left Natasha to find myself, and I haven't done that yet. I don't know what the write term for how I'm feeling is. Anxious? Possibly. Depressed? Most likely. Confused? One hundred percent.

I miss Natasha though, more than I thought I would. I miss Sarah, and Sam, and Steve, and even Tony. But I can't feel guilty, because this was my decision. This is my mission, and I've yet to complete it.

But tonight, my time is spent walking back to the apartment from the market.

After trekking up the four flights of stairs, I opened the door and hung up my jacket, only to be greeted by Bucky. He looked like he was waiting for me, and I loved it.

"Hey doll. I missed you." Bucky said, taking the bag from my hands.

I smiled, and moved to take my shoes off. "I missed you too, but we gotta eat somehow, love." I answered, walking over to the couch and collapsing on it.

Bucky came back over and joined me on the couch. Before I knew it, he was laying down and pulling me on top of his chest, planting a kiss to my lips.

I kissed him back, and we laid there for a while, talking about absolutely nothing, yet everything at the same time.

This was a good moment, and I wanted to cherish it. And I did.

The rest of that night was spent together, tangled in the sheets of our bed with the moonlight shining upon our bodies. I was wearing comfortable sleep shorts with my chest covered by a shirt of Bucky's, and he elected to sleep shirtless that night, with a pair of sweatpants on his lower half.

So, there we lay. My head on Bucky's chest, using him as a pillow. His metal hand was softly stroking my face, something that I've come to love so much.

I was seconds away from sleep, when I heard Bucky speak. His words were soft, in Romanian. I couldn't make out most of the words, but I did catch some. He told me he loved me, that he was grateful for me. I merely hummed in response.

Bucky shifted us, after he realized I was on the brink of sleep. He rolled us over, and I was on my side, with my back to his chest. He hugged my tightly, and we stayed like that until, you guessed it, a nightmare.