7 | 𝐖𝐨𝐫𝐤𝐮𝐩𝐬

𝙰𝙻𝙴𝚂𝚂𝙸𝙰 𝚁𝙾𝙼𝙰𝙽𝙾𝙵𝙵
2012, 𝚊𝚐𝚎 𝚝𝚠𝚎𝚗𝚝𝚢-𝚝𝚠𝚘

Phil Coulson was swooning. I repeat, Phil Coulson was full on swooning. All I heard of the conversation was Phil and Steve, back and forth before I took my ears out. I zoned out with my hearing aids in my hand. Planes made me nervous since Nat almost died three years ago on the way back from Iran. A lot of things make me nervous, but not being able to hear people's voices made me calmer.

I jumped a little bit when Phil placed his hand on my shoulder slowly. I settled down when he signed to me that we were landing. Reluctantly, I placed my aids back in and stood up, only to be met with Steve's confused face.

"You- you're uh.." He stuttered.

I smiled lightly. "Deaf?"

"Yes. I'm sorry, that was rude of me. I didn't mean to-" Steve started apologizing before I stopped him.

"Steve. It's okay, don't worry. I'm not offended." I said, trying to make him feel better.

He nodded, and the Quinjet door opened, revealing a face I was not happy to see.

"Agent Romanoff Senior." Phil nodded to her.

"Hey." She said softly.

"Ma'am." Steve said kindly.

"Coulson, they need you on the bridge. You too, Junior." Natasha said looking at me, to which I responded with a very petty eye roll.

"See you later. Come on, kid." Phil said, walking in the direction of the Bridge, pulling my arm with him.

Inside the Helicarrier, Director Fury was stood in front of the monitors, his usual spot with agents rushing all around and Hill giving orders.

"Romanoff Junior. I want to speak with you a second." Fury said. I made my way to the center of the room.

"Sir?" I asked, kind of terrifed I was going to find out another tragic lie I had been told.

"Your powers are growing. I would like for Doctor Banner to do a workup on you." He told me as I furrowed my brows in confusion.

"Sir, Sarah does workups on me every month." I said, feeling like I was stating the obvious.

"Doctor Scott does your physical and mental health, Doctor Banner will take a look at your powers in a safe environment." Fury finished.

"Does he know, sir?" I asked as I sighed. There was no getting out of this one.

"Yes. Your sister told him." Fury said as he gave me a look.

"What're you looking at me for? I didn't lie to me, that was her." I said, crossing my arms.

Fury just chuckled and then looked beyond me at the trio that was entering the room.

"Gentlemen." Fury said as he left his screens and walked over to Maria who held a tablet in her hands. I rolled my eyes and then followed him. "Doctor, thank you for coming" He said as he extended his hand out for Banner to shake, who ended up shaking it.

"Thanks for asking nicely. So uh, how long am I staying?" Bruce asked quickly, gettng right to the point as he looked around.

"As soon as we get our hands on the Tesseract and you're finsished with Agent Romanoff Junior over here, you're in the clear." Fury said, forgetting Steve was there, and also forgetting that he specificaly told me not to reveal my identiy to anyone outside of SHIELD.

"Director." Coulson butted in, seeing my look.

Fury looked at me giving him a look like he was crazy, at Coulson who looked emotionless, and at Natasha who looked like she could kill him and finally realized.