11 | 𝐀 𝐇𝐞𝐫𝐨'𝐬 𝐃𝐞𝐚𝐭𝐡

𝙰𝙻𝙴𝚂𝚂𝙸𝙰 𝚁𝙾𝙼𝙰𝙽𝙾𝙵𝙵
2012, 𝚊𝚐𝚎 𝚝𝚠𝚎𝚗𝚝𝚢-𝚝𝚠𝚘

I can never get a nice break, can I? Of course not, I'm a Romanoff for God sakes. Maria yelled grenade, we covered each other. It didn't stop there, unfortunetly, as dozens of armed invaders came rushing in. They were wearing SHIELD uniforms which made it even harder.

"Les! Can you maybe, I don't know, use some vines or poison?" Maria shouted at me from behind a desk.

"Oh sure. You want me to kill everyone in here including us? Sure, I'll get right on that!" I shouted as I vined up a few hostiles.

Fury's voice on the comms distracted my fighting and I was thrown into a wall, hearing a large crack in my back.

'This is Agent Romanoff Senior. I copy.' I heard Nat say in my ears. I could hear the quiver and terror in her voice and it broke my heart.

'Romanoff Junior here, I'm alive and I copy.' I said with a groan, trying to regain my breath.

My eyes were closed as I was trying not to think about the searing pain in my back while I was trying to stand up. Suddenly, something large and sharp was rammed into my shoulder. I let out a scream as it happened, and then the worst possible thing happened. My attacker was dead, green gas and deadly plants were surrounding them. I got rid of the gas as quickly as I could and destroyed the plants.

"Les, hey. You're okay. You're okay. Listen to my voice, I'm right here." Maria said as she ran over to me and put pressure on my shoulder. I couldn't speak, I was in so much pain.

I managed to utter out one very important word. "P-Phil. Phi-l."

As if on cue, Fury came on the comms at that moment. 'Agent Coulson is down.'

Maria and I looked at each and she brushed the hair out of my eyes. A team of paramedics came over and started to load me up in a stretcher as gently as they could.

I heard Nat in my ears before the paramedics took my aids and my comms out asking about me. How nice of her to care.

Soon, I was set in a room in the med wing with Sarah checking my vitals. My shoulder was completely torn and had just had surgery done on it and my spinal cord was fractured. Bruce hulked out, Thor was somewhere on Earth, Phil was dead and my sister and I still are fighting. What a great day.

I was sleeping for the first time in almost a day when Natasha walked into my room. At some point during the surgery, my hearing aids were placed back in so I could hear her presence.

"I'm sorry. I didn't mean to wake you." Natasha said softly.

"It's okay." I muttered. I was mad at her, but I was tired of fighting with her.

"Can I sit?" She asked me, pointing to the chair next to my bed.

I nodded, but regretted it as soon as my spine tingled.

Natasha sat down and looked at the ground.

"I'm sorry." She finally said after a while of silence.

"For what?" I asked. I liked toying with her after she messed up. It's the only I know she's really sorry.

"You know for what. For not telling you. That you're you dead. That you're a secret. You deserved to know." Nat told me as she looked in my eyes.

"Yeah. Yeah I did. Thanks." I said quietly while grabbing her hand.

"I'm sorry about Coulson. I know how close you two were." She said as she rubbed my hand.

I nodded. "What's in the bag?" I asked only just now noticing the white bag she held in her hand.