p.s. Please do wear the entire gift. A coat pocket is barely suitable for what we're sure you have planned for us. 

There were no names attached, but those arrogant bastards probably knew it wasn't hard to figure out anyways. 

The neat scrawl of letters were undoubtedly Caleb's, and when I eventually caved to my curiosity and opened the box, my mouth parted because it was just as obvious who the other two items were from. 

The first thing that caught my eye was the shimmer that reflected against the sides of the silver interior, the rich black fabric making it look as though it were woven from the stars themselves. 

Just by the feel I could tell it was soft and lustrous, something that would drape over my body in all the right ways. This style screamed Alec, and the gift on top told me Caleb wasn't alone when he wrote that letter, Xavier's gift pulling a breath of disbelief from my lungs.

There, lying gently atop the dress was a thigh holster for my dagger, the straps thin and black but undoubtedly durable all the same. 

When I made a point of lifting the entire dress from the box, the holster falling to the bottom, the high slit in the left leg was unmissable, taunting and the perfect spot for my dagger to be sheathed. 

I hated all three of them for doing this, because I absolutely fucking loved it. I hated that I did, but it didn't make it any less true.

It did make me wonder why they would be so inclined to offer a gift like this, though, a gift that made things all the much easier to cut them should I feel the urge to. I smile to myself at the thought of me going to their house like this, making them regret luring me in with pretty things that they wouldn't enjoy so much when I don't give them what they want. 

Based on the cut, I wouldn't be able to wear any kind of underwear with this, and having them teased the entire night—maybe I am a little more ready to play than I initially thought. 

This was a game for another time, however, because I had shit to do today that I couldn't allow to be put off any longer. 

If I were to be living here—even if it's only for a few months—I needed both a job and maybe a few places to kill some time when I needed to clear my head. 

A mental list has already been compiled based on which jobs I knew were hiring, as well as places like gyms and salons I could go to for a break. Lev had helped me print a bunch of my resumes yesterday, even though he ensured Marcus would pay for anything I needed. 

In the same second, I told him I refused to be living off of anyone anymore.

Going out was step one for me, so with a pile of resumes in hand, I left the box and the note behind, storing it away in my mind for another time. 

______

It turns out I lied. 

That dinner I promised myself I wouldn't go to... minus the revealing dress, I was currently storming all the way up their stupid driveway, walking to the gate where multiple guards stood. The iron entrance, however, had already been opened, almost as though they were expecting me to show up, even late. 

I didn't pay anyone a glance, my mind set out on a mission that would likely require the weapon strapped securely to my thigh, Xavier's gift coming in mighty handy. 

I was owed some explanations, which is why by the time I managed to get to their overly large front door, I simply opened it and walked in, my heart already racing with fury. 

My blinding path would've continued until I found one of them if it weren't for the woman standing at the door, looking slightly older yet confident and calm where she stood.