Welcome to the Glade

Thomas Pov:

Thomas was thrown roughly into another cage. It would seem that he can't escape them. The bamboo door was locked shut behind him as the boys that dragged him over left. He sat there regaining himself as he sat up. Shuffling on his knees Thomas peered through the door looking towards the entrance into the large walls. Boys idly walked through the fields some carrying tools others just peacefully chatting with a friend. It would have been a peaceful sight if Thomas wasn't locked up and held prisoner. The man from before walked in front of his cage suddenly and Thomas threw himself against the bricked wall in the back corner. The man whose name Thomas was yet to learn crouched down to see him.

"Hey there, green bean. You're not gonna run again, ok?

Thomas sat there in silence his body slightly shaking and his eyes analysing the figure. His cage was opened and the man squat in the doorway one of his arms resting on the frame.

"Good" he gave a tight lipped smile but quickly went back to his serious expression. "can you tell me something about yourself? Who you are? Where you came from? Anything at all."

"No"  Thomas was quickly wringing his hands together as he hung his head low clearly uncomfortable.

"Can you tell me your name?"

This question caused Thomas to start shaking and shivering. His lip quivered as his eyebrows drew close together. He looked up at Alby a distressed look in his eyes.

"I- I ah... I can't remember... Why can't I remember anything?!" Thomas's voice grew every time he tried to get more words out.

"It's ok, hey relax. It's normal. It happens to us all. You'll get your name back in a day or two.

Thomas's lip continued to tremble as he took in deep breaths his head bobbing up and down as he attempted to calm himself. Alby's calming voice turned bitter as he gave Thomas the last piece of information.

"It's the one thing they let us keep..."

"What is this place?

Alby stuck his hand out towards Thomas smiling giving him some reassurance and encouragement to take the offer. "Let me show you."

(Y/n's) Pov:

The sloppers had the worst job ever. When they weren't in the maze, runners had to help around the glade with the others jobs and slopper duty was as bad as it could get. Zart needed help fertilising the plants and (Y/n) happily volunteered to assist the track-hoe's. It was better than actually having to stick her hands in the mush. The youngest glader was walking over to where she was planting the new seeds and she lifted her head to greet him. He was the youngest glader by a few years and had a chubby stomach and an adorable face.

"Hey Chuck, the sloppers treating you alright?"

Chuck was one of the newer greenies and he wasn't particularly good at any of the roles so Alby chucked him with the sloppers. (Y/n) always had a soft spot for the curly haired boy. He was by far the sweetest person to exist and she hated how the gladers treated him.

"Yea they only made me clean the toilets 3 times this week. We're making progress." He set the fertiliser bag down and gave a thumbs up.

(Y/n) chuckled and set to pouring the fertiliser over her newly planted seeds. She stood up cracking her back and looked down at Chuck.

"Have you met the new greenie yet?"

"No but I saw him running earlier. He was wicked fast I bet he'll be a runner."