Run Greenie, Run

Greenie day was always exciting. More food was (Y/n's) favourite part but a new boy to pick on has it's benefits. She recalled the day she first arrived at the glade and everything she'd been through since. She'd been stuck in the hell hole known as the maze since she was 13 and boy had she earned a reputation. Her small hut was quiet as she awoke with the sun. Small birds could be heard from the grove outside her doors. To distance herself from the boys for obvious privacy reasons she'd been allowed a hut in the grove. Alby had made it a rule that no one was allowed into or near her hut after hours but Gally frequently ignored said rule. The quiet was nice but the nightmares at night made the shadows move in a threatening matter with the moon. Besides sitting alone by herself all night, every night was incredibly boring so occasionally Gally would sneak over and talk the night away with her. She smiled to herself as she braided back her hair thinking about the boy with the buzz cut and interesting eyebrows.

You can use this for clothing reference if you want

Lacing up her boots (Y/n) walked out of her hut and took a deep breath of fresh air. At this hour the grove smelt like morning dew and autumn and nothing smelt sweeter to the (h/c) girl. Wandering to the groves edge she started to imagine what the new greenie would be like. 'would he be tall? Or have brown hair? What if he was a runner?' Then the usual question crossed her mind 'what if it was a girl?...' (Y/n) had long since given up hope for another girl to arrive in the box but there was always a 'what if...'. Reaching the end of the grove she saw one of her favourite people with his side leaning against a tree. His arms were crossed over his muscular chest and his head was bowed down  observing the ground in boredom.

"Hey Minho, which sector are you running today?"

Minho's head shot up as he heard her speak with a small smile on his face. They always met at this spot before either one or both of them left for their run.

"I'm taking Ben to sector 3. We're planning to come back a few hours early to see the new greenie."

A loud rumbling echoed across the glade causing the two to turn their heads towards the towering walls. The doors to the maze were slowly peeling open revealing the desolate overgrown ivy walls. Perfect timing. (Y/n) was probably the only glader who wasn't afraid. The maze was far worse at night.

" Well I guess you better go now. I'll see you when you get back?"

"I sure hope so."

Minho left with a wink as he jogged off. (Y/n) saw Ben join Minho as he approached the west entrance. Ben threw a wave over his shoulder at her and she gave a small chuckle and she walked in the direction of the homestead. It was still early in the morning so the glade was mostly empty. She saw Winston the keeper of the Slicers walk into the blood house throwing his bloodied apron over his shoulder. She could see the homestead already had builders working on the leak in the roof. She saw some hammering away at the roof while the others carried pieces of timber on their shoulders. She scanned the area for a certain someone. As she neared the large hut a boy with a brown shirt that hugged his arms walked out of the door talking to Alby. It was the keeper of the builders.