18. Training Wheels - Melanie Martinez (DNF)

It's a normal day in college. I'm attending the University of Florida as a junior, close to where my family has moved from the UK to the US. I'm a decent, maybe even good, student. I like the city, my classes, my friends, and most of all, I love my boyfriend. 

I'm walking home from class when I hear someone walking behind me. I moved over to the side a little because they sounded fast. Then I feel someone nearly piggybacking on me, "George!" 

I turn around and punch him in the arm, "Clay! You fucking dumbass. You could have broken my back." He laughs and says, "Not the first time I've broken your back in some way." I say, "Ha ha." 

Clay is the best person you could ever meet: funny, charming, smart, kind, and perfect. We have the same friend group, so that's how we met. And Clay is always energetic which is something my drained body needs. He's my prince charming. 

He kisses my cheek, "How were your classes?" I shrug, "Same as usual, however I have lots of homework." "Me too...Maybe after homework we can do something," he winks at me. Another thing: he's always horny, but usually I am too. 

I smile, "Sure, but homework first." He holds my hand and starts speed walking. I ask, "What are you doing? I can't walk this fast." "Sooner the homework, sooner the fun," he smirks. 

We have an off campus apartment together that we got on our one year dating anniversary. As we get home, he picks me up bridal style. I laugh, "What are you doing?" He gives me a kiss and says, "I don't even know." He opens the door and then puts me down on the floor. 

I wrap my arms around his neck while staring into his eyes. "I love you," I say. He smiles, "I love you too." And we share a sweet kiss before going inside. 

We do our homework for three hours until we're finished. After I put away my pencil he looked at me with a raised brow. I say, "I kinda just want to eat and sleep, this homework made me tired." He says, "Yeah sure, pizza and movies sound good?" I nod, "Yes." 

I love that about Clay, he goes with anything and is so chill while bringing so much charisma to everything. We turn on a movie while cuddling on the couch until pizza arrives. Once the food comes, we eat some and then go back to cuddling. 

I turn my gaze from the movie to Clay and see him staring back at me. "What," I ask. "Admiring the view," he replies. I smile, "And what view is that?" He sighs, "To put it simply, the love of my life." 

I reach up and kiss him as he rests his hands around my waist. "I'm in the mood Clay," I whisper. "Really?" he asks. I nod and he swoops me into his arms off the couch. He carries me to our bedroom and lays me down on the bed...

This is a no smut oneshot, so just imagine it yourself if you want...

It's the next morning and Clay is shaking my awake. "We're gonna be late!" he says. I look at the time on my phone and jump out of bed. I yawn, "Fuck I might miss my first class." 

He says, "Maybe let's just skip the whole day? Relax here you know, we deserve a break as college students." I laugh, "My teachers would beg to differ. You also need to be in class, let's go come on." 

We get ready and then go to our classes. I am a computer science major, while Clay is a software engineer major. (A/N: Idk if these r real or not, I'm making it up) 

After hours of school, we get home and Clay asks, "Are you hungry? We have leftover pizza?" I sigh, "Yes please, I'm starving." We eat dinner together and then work on our homework before relaxing. 

We're both on our phones when Clay says, "Hey wanna go to a party?" "Who's," I ask. He shrugs, "I don't know, Bad invited me." I look at him, "Bad is going to a party?" 

Clay laughs, "Yeah I guess he is. He said "Clay, do you and George wanna come to a party with me? I don't want to be alone :(" should we?" I shrug, "Yeah sure, let's go." Clay texts Bad back, "Sure, send the address and we'll meet you there." 

We get changed and then go to the party. We get there at 10:00, it's a pretty big house. Bad is sitting on a short brick wall playing Minecraft on his phone. We walk up to him and say, "Hey Bad." He looks up and smiles, "Hey guys, you came!" 

I ask, "Who's party is this?" He sighs, "My b- my friends party, his name is Skeppy." Clay says, "Oh yeah, I know Skeppy." "Y-you do? How?" Bad asks. Clay says, "He's in a class or two of mine, but we don't talk." Bad says, "Oh, that's nice." 

I say, "Shall we go inside?" Bad says, "Oh yeah, I was just waiting out here cause it's loud inside with the music." We walk inside and Bad is right, the music is super loud. Looking around there is drinks, food, dancing, drugs, sex, whatever you can find. 

Our friend group got some chairs out by the pool in the backyard. We head out there and sit down. Sapnap, Quackity, and Karl say hi to us. We all sit, have some drinks, and just talk. Later on some people are jumping into the pool with or without clothes on. 

We laugh as they splash us more and more. Clay stands up and starts taking off his shirt. I laugh, "What are you doing?" He tosses his shirt onto his chair, "I'm gonna go for a swim." He takes off his pants, only in boxers now. 

He dives into the pool and comes out of the water saying, "George, come in!" I shake my head and laugh, "No, you're going to catch a cold or something." 

He smirks, "Well either you jump in or I drag you in." I say, "No you won't." He says, "You think I won't." I laugh, "I know you won't." Bad whispers, "That was a mistake." 

Clay gets out of the pool and latches onto my arm. I start uncontrollably laughing, "Clay, Clay, there's no need for me to get in the water!" He says, "For a swim!" He picks me up in his arms and jumps into the pool, me with him. 

We come to the surface and I gasp for air. I splash water in his face, "You idiot." He laughs and splashes me back to which I can't resist. We just splash each other for a bit until we get tired. 

Then we relax against the walls and continue talking to our friends. I say, "Hey, once I get out I'll have no dry clothes." Bad says, "Oh that's alright, I'll go ask Skeppy for a spare shirt and shorts or something." "Thanks Bad," I smile. 

Bad gets up and goes inside, but through the sliding glass door I can see him and Skeppy talking in the kitchen. Bad is my friend, but he's always so focused on school and kinda private about anyone else he has besides us. 

I guess Skeppy is his friend, however the way Skeppy is feeling Bad's arm seems more than friends. And then I see Skeppy lead Bad up the stairs. 

I whisper to Clay, "Bad might be having more fun at this party than us." He looks around for Bad, "What?" I shrug and giggle, "I'll tell you later." 

We hangout a little more, and after an hour or so, Bad finally comes back. His hair and clothing definitely do not seem the same they were before. I stare at him up and down, "So...got the clothes?" He nods, "Yeah, here." He puts a plain shirt and shorts on my chair. 

Clay asks, "Should we get out now?" I nod, "Yeah, it's getting late, maybe go home even." He yawns, "I'm pretty tired, let's go." We get out of the pool and grab our clothes to go change in the bathroom, not like we haven't seen each other naked before. 

We walk back out and say bye to our friends before leaving. Once we get home Clay says, "I'm ready to pass out." "Me too," I groan. We change into our pj's and crawl quickly into bed to fall asleep in each other's arms. 

Word Count: 1477

A/N: Also if anyone's wondering why the song choice today was "Training Wheels" its because its abt being in love and I just see DNF like this perfect piece of love. So yeah <3