7. I Like Me Better - Lauv (DNF)

George: 25 year old programmer who moved to New York from Brighton in hope of better job opportunities. Dream: 22 year old who is George's boyfriend. They've been together for almost a year now, living together in an apartment near Central Park. And Clay dropped out of college to fully focus on his music career. 

He's in a band called Feral Crew as the vocalist and main songwriter. Along with him, Sapnap: 20 year old drummer who is Dream's best friend. Karl: 23 year old who plays the electric keyboard, and is a cartoon fanatic. Quackity: 21 year old bass guitarist who loves wearing beanies.

Feral Crew has a gig at a small bar on 17th street. George comes home from work and see's Dream eating some cereal. George asks, "Are you ready for tonight?" 

Dream nods, "I just have to eat before we go. I felt like I was starving." 

Even though Dream dropped out and is really focused on his band, music doesn't always make money. He also has coding knowledge, so he has an online job to code websites for clients. George puts his stuff down and hugs Dream from behind. "I missed you." he pouts. 

Dream puts down his spoon and swivels the chair towards George. Dream smiles, "I missed you like crazy." 

He pulls George onto his lap and they begin to kiss. But George pulls away saying, "If we get caught up, we'll be late to the gig. Now, let's get ready." 

Dream groans, "Fine. So no quickie?" 

George laughs, "No, but after we come back I'd like to. If you are not tired however." 

Dream smirks, "I won't be." 

They get ready and walk to the bar. There's a small stage that Sapnap, Karl, and Quackity are already setting up. Dream and George help and they're done in time for the show. George sits at a small table in front of the stage. 

Dream looks around the bar and says to his bandmates, "Wow, it's kinda full." Most of the tables are full and more people are coming in as well. 

Dream grabs the mic, "Hey everyone! Hope you all are having a good day, about to eat some good food. So my name is Dream, drummer is Sapnap, guitar is Quackity, keyboard is Karl, and this is our band..." "Feral Crew!" they all say together. Dream smiles as they kick off their set, most of the songs written by Dream himself. 

Its halfway the set and Dream says, "Hope everyone's still feeling good. Thanks to this wonderful bar by the way, thanks to big man Schlatt over there. It's wonderful here and thanks to everyone listening to us. Ok, so this next song will be a cover. But I need a special someone to sing it with me...my boyfriend George!" People start clapping as George looks around in horror. Dream grabs George's hand and takes him on stage. 

Dream says, "This is our favorite song. First heard it as we were biking together on our first date, through the streets of New York. Heat Waves by Glass Animals, hope ya'll like it!" 

As the music starts George whispers, "Dream I'm not good at singing!" 

Dream smiles, "You sound lovely, plus just hold my hand. We're doing it together." 

(A/N: I recommend playing the song to go along.) 

The beat drops and they sing together,

"Sometimes, all I think about is you

Late nights in the middle of June

Heat waves been faking me out

Can't make you happier now

Sometimes, all I think about is you

Late nights in the middle of June

Heat waves been faking me out