17. Can't get over you - Joji (Karlnap)

After two hours of tedious homework, I finished my homework. I yawn, "I'm so worn out." I look over at Sapnap and he's almost done. I say, "Here I'll help you finish." 

He smiles, "Thanks sugar." "Stop calling me sugar," I giggle. He shrugs, "It's the south in me, can't help it." 

Once we finish the homework I sigh, "I'm so tired." Sapnap frowns, "You said we'd go skate." "Oh yeah. I'm mentally worn out, but we can go skate now," I say. 

He smiles again, "Great. I'll text Dream and George." He does so and George is available to come, but Dream is busy with schoolwork. 

I get off my bedroom floor, "We should change and go now." We get ready and go out for the park. We like the park better than a skating park because it has better scenery. Sapnap parks his car in the parking lot and we get out of the car. 

"I put the boards in the back," he says. I open the trunk and pull out our skateboards. I handed him his board saying, "Here." "Thank you Karl," he replies. 

We walk to the usual meet up spot and wait for George. He gets here and runs up to us with a hug. He says, "Hey." We both smile at him, "Hey." He has his roller skates on because he doesn't use a skateboard. 

We walk a bit to get to a smoothish pathway, then start skating. We have a small stereo to play music as well. The song that comes on is "Can't Get Over You" by Joji, one of my favorite artists. I say, "I love this." They look at me and say, "Love what?" 

I shrug, "I love skating, being with my boyfriend, and being with my best friend. Not much more I could want." They smile at me. 

George says, "I'm gonna miss it after graduation." As seniors, we don't have that long till graduation sneaks around the corner and we'll go our separate ways. 

Sapnap says, "When we come back for breaks or stuff, we have to do this all the time, understood?" "Of course," I reply. 

"Graduation is next week...wow," I sigh. George says, "At least we made it." "I barely made it!" Sapnap says while we all laugh. 

I say, "Lucky you had me to help." He looks at me, "Yeah, but you also asked for help from me too so don't act so cocky." We continue talking about school and skating throughout the park. 

Sapnap says, "I should go home now. My parents are home now." "Ok. Me too, I have a shift later on that I should get ready for," George says. He works at McDonalds. 

"Race back?" I ask. Sapnap smirks, "You're on." We race back to the cars and then get off. "I won," I say out of breath. George pants, "No way, I made it here before you." I say, "Nope, it was for sure me." "Both of you are wrong. I won," Sapnap says. "Suuure," I say sarcastically. 

We say bye to George then get into Sapnap's car. He says, "I'll drop you off at home then I have to go see my family." "Sounds good. Did they just get home?" I ask. He responds, "They got home late last night and so they woke up like an hour ago." 

"Say hi to your sister for me," I say. He smiles, "It's like your big brother at this point, y'all get along well." I laugh, "Guess I'm just a better person." He says, "Ha ha." We talked on the way to my house. 

After he pulls in front of my house, I open the door. "Bye babe," I say and lean over to kiss him. He pulls away after a few moments, "Bye sugar, see you tomorrow." I wave at him while opening the door inside. He drives off and I go in. 

I go into my room and change into some comfy clothes. "What should I do now?" I think to yourself. I go downstairs and check the kitchen pantry for anything. I say, "Maybe I can make a cake?" I look for things to make a cake and then place them on the counter. I say, "I can run to the store for some frosting too." 

I put on an apron and started making the cake. It's red velvet, and I finish the batter by pouring it evenly into two round pans. I say, "Ok great." I place the pans into the oven and take off my apron. I sigh, "I'll go to the store now while these bake. These should be fine...hopefully." 

I get my car keys and bag, then hop in my car. I drive to the store, quickly go in and get out. "Ok, now back home," I say to myself. I drive home and walk into a good smelling house. I walk over to the kitchen, "They might be done." I check on the cakes and see that they are just about done. I turn off the oven and let them bake a few more minutes by themselves. 

After a bit, I put on gloves and took the pans out, placing them on top of the counter. I say, "Now I have to let these cool off." I leave the cakes to cool and sit on the couch with my phone for a bit. 

After 30 minutes or so, I get up and check on the cakes. They were cooled off so I said, "Cool, now I can decorate." I pull out the frosting and sprinkles I got, trying to recreate a cake I saw on tik-tok. I do so and step back to look at my cake. 

I giggle, "It looks so good!" I took a picture of it and sent it to Sapnap. He texts back, "Aww that looks so cute sugar :)" I say, "Thank you <3" I cut a slice for myself and take it to the couch to eat while watching some Mr. Beast.

Word Count: 1007