Chapter 49 - I'm Home

Lan Zhan and Jiang Cheng taking some disciples with them, they went to a town to rest for a while so that they can reach Yi City with more energy also to ask for some directions. Lan Zhan stayed in one place and looked around before going to a stall. He saw a jade pendant with with a rabbit drawn in it in a form of Yin And Yang. One white, one black.

"Gongzi, did you like this one?" The woman asked. She's the stall owner. The woman has a kind smile on her face. Lan Zhan nodded and picked it up. When Lan Zhan saw it, he was sure that Wei Ying will like it. "This Jade pendant can be split into two and can be worn as a separate pendant."

"I'll buy it," Lan Zhan said and paid the woman for the Pendant. The Woman gave him the other string for the pendant.

"I hope you see the one you love soon, gongzi." Lan Zhan stiffened and looked at the woman. She gave him a knowing smile. Lan Zhan tilt his head but leave anyways. He came back to the group. Jiang Cheng was talking to his disciple when they heard people talking.

"The situation in Yi City is so bad."

"Yeah, it's a good thing that the people there left or worst they became fierce corpses."

"Tsk. Maybe it was a work of Yilling Laozu. I heard that he's back."

"Ah! He'e back to wreck havoc in the world again? He's really a notorious one! Tsk! Tsk! Tsk!"

"Anyways, I heard some junior disciples went there to solve the problem. I hope they are okay. It's been a few hours since they left and still hasn't come back here."

"Tsk, could it be they were eaten?"

"Excuse me, Is Yi City near here?" Jiang Cheng can't take it anymore. His heart is almost at his throat. He haven't heard anything from Jin Ling. When they say Juniors, it must be the gang. Lan Zhan stood beside Jiang Cheng and bowed with a salute.

"Our destination is Yi City. Can you tell us the direction?" Lan Zhan asked. Jiang Cheng looked at him clearly surprised that Lan Zhan said more words that usual unless he's explaining.

"Ahh! It's a few miles from here, northwest. But I suggest not to go. It's dangerous. The juniors that went there a few hours ago still haven't come back-"

"Thanks." Lan Zhan turned and bowed again before walking away. He walked to the disciples who was with them. "Let's go."

"Lan er gongzi! Wait!" Jiang Cheng stopped Lan Zhan. The latter gave him a side glance. "Are you going to walk instead of riding your swords?"

"We'll be riding swords." Lan Zhan answered. Jiang Cheng nodded. When they got out from the town, they ride on their swords to northwest. When they arrive, it's almost dusk. But they can hear the Fierece corpse cry. And fog is very thick so they need to go down. When they went down a horde of Fierce corpse attacked them but it didn't stopped them to move forward. But fierce corpse are so many.

"Damn! They are too many!" Jiang Cheng grit his teeth and used Zidian and knocked them out. Until a black robed man appeared. Lan Zhan took out Wangji and strum the Guqin which the black robed man be blown away.

"He's different from the other corpse!" The disciple said. "He has a sword! I saw it!" Jiang Cheng got alarmed.

"How is that possible?" Jiang Cheng find it weird. Again, the black robed man attacked them this time fiercely. Like someone is controlling him. Lan Zhan attacked the fierce corpse back and clash swords with him.

"GET DOWN!" Lan Zhan stiffened. Is his ears playing with him? Why does the voice seemed too familiar. Awfully familiar that his inside trembled and aching. Before he even turn around a white robed man counter the attack of the black robed fierce corpse. "What are you doing standing over there, Lan Zhan?"

"W-" The black robed man used his hand to attack the man in white robes on the shoulder but Lan Zhan stopped it using Bichen. The black robed man took a step back. Lan Zhan attack him again and blasted him to a near house. The other person held Lan Zhan's hand and pulled him.

"Let's go! Follow me!" Which they did. Lan Zhan looked at the person pulling him. His heart was achingly tugging for this person. Towards this person, he wanted to hugged him so tight that he didn't want to let go. He sounded like his Wei Ying. But their build is different. And his Wei Ying died already. But this man calles him 'Lan Zhan' which only one person. This person is so powerful that even controlling his sword is accurate and with only a wave of his sword kills a hoarde of corpse. When the night hits, they arrived in the place at the center of the city. The white robed man threw a talisman to the gate to seal it in order for the fierce corpse not to barge in.

"Woah! Why are we in a coffin house?" One disciple asked.

"Well, it's easy. Because the fierce corpse avoided this place," a young woman in blue robes appeared and crossed her arms. She has this smile on her face. "Welcome."

"Who are you? What are you?" The woman pouted and looked away.

"Can you say thanks first instead of interrogating us?" The woman said. They all bowed down ashamed before bowing and saluting.

"Thank you." The woman nodded and walked inside the house. Then a familiar young man in yellow robes came out of the house.

"Uncle!" Jiang Cheng went towards Jin Ling.

"Jin Ling! Why are you here?" Jiang Cheng asked. He scratched the back of his head.

"Well, we're investigating something in Liyang but it took us here instead!" Jiang Cheng sighed in relief but it gave him a stern face.

"Jin Ling, you all seriously went to a wrong place. It's dangerous here!" Jin Ling sighed and looked away.

"Uncle, please not now!" Then in Jiang Cheng and Lan Zhan's party start to coughed.

"They are poisoned." They turned to look at the person who saved them. He was wearing a mask. Lan Zhan was looking at him intently also the man wasn't letting his hands go. Jiang Cheng walked towards him and bowed.

"Gongzi, is there any way to cure them?" The man nodded and pointed at the house.

"Jin Ling, take then inside." Jin Ling nodded and pulled his uncle and the others inside leaving Lan Zhan and the masked man alone outside. Lan Zhan wanted to call him but something stuck on his throat. Also he was afraid to say anything. He might be wrong but his heart... his heart is beating fast just like how his heart beats for his husband.

"Lan Zhan, why are you so thin? Do you even eat this past few days?" The masked man looked at him and pouted but Lan Zhan can he see in this person eyes the gentleness, sadness and longing. Lan Zhan's held the hand tighly and his knees are trembling.

"We- Wei... Ying..." Lan Zhan called swallowing the lump on this throat. Using the free hand of the other, take off his mask and revealed his face. Lan Zhan's tears started to fall. His husband... his husband is in front of him. For days, he thought that he can only see him on his dreams. No, is this even a dream? If it is, then he doesn't want to wake up. Wei Ying's hand went to his cheeks, and wipe his tears using his thumb. Wei Ying's hand was so warm that he feel like it's real. More tears started to fall from his eyes.

"Why are you crying, Lao Gong? I'm home..." Wei Ying said with a smile on his face but tears shed on his cheeks. Lan Zhan held Wei Ying's hand on his cheeks and sobbed.

"Wei Ying... Wei Ying... Wei Ying..." Wei Ying nodded and hugged Lan Zhan tightly. Lan Zhan did the same and buried his face in Wei Ying's crook of neck.

"Yes, Lan Zhan. I am here... I'm home, Lan er gege..."

🐇🐇🐇🐇🐇🐇🐇🐇
A/n: Omg! I cried... I cried when Writing this part? Did you guys too?

Pardon my english, grammatical errors and spelling.