Chapter 42 - I miss you

It's been days but still, Lan Zhan was holed up in his room in Yunmeng and refusing to talk to anyone other than his brother who bring his food to the room. Lan Zhan was still in a daze and quiet. It was quite alarming but Lan Zhan is a quiet person and they knew that. He bottled up his feelings and he won't tell to anyone. Lan Sizhui was waiting for his father to come out of the room every day. Lan Jingyi did the same but with the care of Jin Ling. Ouyang Zizhen was also with them and looking out for Lan Sizhui's health.

"I am still thinking why didn't my soul got snatched," Jin Ling said with a sigh. Lan Jingyi looked at him and looked down.

"Before... I fell unconscious, I saw... my grandmother." Lan Jingyi said and clutched his robes. Jin Ling immediately put his full attention to Lan Jingyi. "He was calling for me, she said that we're going to a good place. Where no more pain and suffering. So, I willingly take her hand. Who would want to be in pain and suffer? I can be with my grandmother who died after taking care of me for a few years before I came to the Cloud Recesses."

"I see," Jin Ling said and put his hand over Lan Jingyi. He started to tear up.

"But I grew scared because... I remember all of you. My friends and family loved me. Also, I haven't confessed to someone I like!" Lan Jingyi cried out. Jin Ling flinched and frowned. Lan Jingyi liked someone? Who could it be? "I still haven't told that person. At least, let me do that before going away." Lan Sizhui looked at Jin Ling apologetic but even him doesn't know who Lan Jingyi liked. Ouyang Zizhen scratched his forehead and shook his head.

"You're alive and you can do it now, you know!" Ouyang Zizhen said. Lan Sizhui nodded and pat Lan Jingyi's back.

"Yeah, Zizhen is right. You can do it now, Jingyi so don't worry about it," Lan Sizhui said. Jin Ling pouted and looked away.

"Who wanted to be with a crybaby with you," Jin Ling mumbled which Lan Jingyi heard. It irritate the latter but also made him sad. That said person was the person who said that he was pretty. How mean!

"What the?! What did you say?" Lan Jingyi said and stopped crying and faced Jin Ling furiously. Jin Ling glared at him masking his irritation and the fact that Lan Jingyi likes someone else.

"I said who wanted to be with you! You crybaby!" Lan Jingyi holds Jin Ling's robes. Lan Jingyi gritted his teeth.

"Then who wants to be with an arrogant princess like you?" Jin Ling did the same thing to Lan Jingyi. Lan Sizhui doesn't know what to do and Ouyang Zizhen found it really annoying since these two are stupid. Because they anger the person they like, Ouyang Zizhen stood up between them and hold Jin Ling and Lan Jingyi's head and smacked them together to make them kiss. Lan Sizhui blushed and cover his face. The two blushed because of the kiss or more like a forced kiss courtesy of Ouyang Zizhen. Ouyang Zizhen was happy with his action.

"Can you just be good kids and don't bother Suzhui with your love problems! You should sort that out with each other," Ouyang Zizhen smirked and supported Lan Sizhui to stand up. "Let's go Sizhui! Why don't we visit the kitchen, I am quite hungry." Lan Sizhui nodded with a blushed on his face and went together with Ouyang Zizhen. Jin Ling and Lan Jingyi looked away from each other followed the two.

Lan Zhan looked at the door where he heard the disciples. At least he knows that he's still alive. He looked down at Wei Ying's red hair tie ribbon and kissed it. He really wants to be with Wei Ying badly. He wants to see him and hugged him tightly. But Wei Ying is not here anymore. If he tried to do an inquiry, he knows that he will disturb Wei Ying who wanted peace. Wei Ying might not want to be reincarnated if he bothered him too much. He missed him so much.

"Wei Ying... I'll be waiting for you..." Lan Zhan muttered and stood up.

He missed Wei Ying...

He wants to see Wei Ying...

He also needs to clear Wei Ying's name. He won't let anyone tarnish Wei Ying's name anymore. Yiling Laozu is his husband, who defeated the Wens and was accused of something he didn't do. Those people who really is responsible for is still on the loose and he will make sure to unfold the truth. He will bring justice to his husband while still waiting for him. He knows that Wei Ying will come back to him and he needs to clear everything so that Wei Ying can be free.

"Lan Zhan... My Lan Zhan... Wait for me..."

I will wait for you, Wei Ying...

Jiang Cheng was so surprised when he saw Lan Zhan come to the Lotus Pavillon where Lan Xichen and Jin Zixuan talked to each other. Lan Xichen was happy to see his brother go out to his room. Jin Zixuan bowed to Lan Zhan ashamed.

"Wangji, you came out of your room." Lan Zhan saluted and nodded and looked at his brother.

"I will clear Wei Ying's name," Lan Zhan said. Lan Xichen nodded and give him a small smile.

"I know you want to so we gathered some clues." Lan Xichen asked Lan Zhan to sit down with them. Lan Zhan went to them and sit beside Jin Zixuan. They all looked at each other before sitting. "The body found was, Jin Zixun and the cause of death is he was slashed on his chest."

"Yes. Wei Ying and I did an Evocation," Lan Zhan said and looked at the other clues. Jiang Cheng and Jin Zixuan looked at Lan Xichen for more explanation.

"So, you did an Evocation to the second severed arm saw what happened to Jin Zixun?" Lan Zhan nodded.

"Did you find out who was the one who killed him?" Lan Zhan went quiet for a few seconds before shaking his head.

"The only thing we saw is... Masked man. Two of them killed him," Lan Zhan said. The three nodded it was accurate to what they gathered. Jin Zixun's body has two wounds on its body and both are from two different blades. But the question is, who?

"The scale is too big." Jin Zixuan said and sighed. Jiang Cheng rubbed his temples as he felt a headache coming.

"It might be someone he offended from the other sect or..." Lan Zhan trailed off and give Jin Zixuan a side glance. Jin Zixuan noticed it and bowed down. Or someone from their own sect.

"Well, we can't just ask everyone to strip from gentry to gentries," Jiang Cheng said and sighed. "Also, about the Stygian Tiger Tally. We still can't find other clues about it."

"I will look for it," Lan Zhan said and stood up from his seat. Lan Xichen stopped him.

"Wangji, rest more. You've been up for a few days." Lan Zhan looked at Lan Xichen before nodding. He shouldn't let his brother worry about him. Lan Xichen smiled as he sighed. Jin Zixuan looked at Lan Zhan before bowing to him.

"I am thankful for you and Wei Wuxian for helping my son. Also, I wanted to apologize," Jin Zixuan said and grit his teeth.  The fault of his cousin is now he holds in his shoulders. Lan Zhan shook his head and sighed.

"The one you should offer your apology to is Wei Ying. I'll go and rest," Lan Zhan said and stood up and walked away and went to his designated room. When Lan Zhan arrived he saw a familiar back of Wei Ying's Shijie, Jiang Yanli. Actually, he was jealous of Jiang Yanli but he knows that Wei Ying's love for her is different from the love he has for him. When Jiang Yanli noticed his presence she turned and give him a welcoming smile.

"Lan er gongzi," she acknowledges. Lan Zhan bowed and looked at her or more like what was on her hands. It was Wei Ying's robes, Chenqing and Wei Ying's clarity bell.

"Madam Jin," Lan Zhan greeted. She walked towards him and give Wei Ying's things to Lan Zhan. normally, the things of the dead are often being burned or buried along with the owner's body. 

"I think you should keep this, Lan er gongzi. For sure Ah Xian will be happy if you safe keep his things," Jiang Yanli said and hugged Lan Zhan. "Wangji, I know it hurts. I know that our pain will take time to ease but I know Wei Ying doesn't want us to be unhappy for so long."

"Wei Ying will come back," Lan Zhan said. He was sure Wei Ying will come back to him. To their lives. Jiang Yanli pulled from the hug and nodded.

"Yes, Wei Ying is strong and he will come back for us. I believe in him." Lan Zhan smiled softly and nodded.

🐇🐇🐇🐇🐇🐇🐇🐇🐇
A/n: Hahaha Another Chapter made. And I updated for 3 chapters yesterday. Did I mad you sad? Hahah don't worry guys! you'll be happy with the next chapters. See you soon, my lovelies!

Pardon my English, grammatical errors and spellings. Huhu. Have a nice day.