Prologue

The last battle in the Nightless City

Wei Ying frown because of the disappointment towards the people who lost their minds because of the Stygian Tiger Amulet. Just because of their greediness, many people died.

The innocent and vulnerable remnants of Wen Clan was annihilated because they covet the Amulet he hold. He was disheartened. Is saving the whole cultivation world worth it? They didn't spare the innocent, they won't even spare him. He was surprised when someone stabbed him from the back which made him vomit blood. The person who stabbed him immediately withdrawn his sword to cause Wei Ying's to bleed.

"Wei Wuxian is Injured! Get the Stygian Tiger Amulet!" The Sect clans roared and decided to attack him. Wei Ying played his flute and a shrill sound echoed that summon fierce corpse and black mists to retaliate. He then flew to a high post while holding the amulet in his hand.

"If you want it so badly-" Wei Ying raise his hand. The amulet floats and was coated with black fog. "Then take it!" He smashed it into pieces. He laughs as he saw the sect leaders fought for each and every pieces of the broken amulet.

Lan Zhan stopped fighting Fierce Corpses and looked at Wei Ying. He can feel the bitterness and disappointment in his every laugh he made. The child who always laughs because of happiness and enjoyment is nowhere to be found.

"Wei Ying, Stop!" Lan Wanji yelled. Before he even went to Wei Ying's side he was slashed on his arm. He knocked back the one who slashed him and looked at Wei Ying. When their eyes met, Wei Ying smiled. A smile that he can recognize even from a far. A smile he loves to see from him.

"Lan Zhan..."

He can clearly read his lips. He called for his name.

"Lan Zhan... Thank you..."

Wei Wuxian flew toward the edge of a cliff. Lan Zhan's eye grew wide and followed.

"Wei Ying!" He called. Wei Wuxian faced him and gave him a tired smile. He clenched Chenqing tight and looked towards Lan Wanji. Towards the eyes of the person he who holds dear to his heart. The one he didn't regret to helped and saved. The first time he laid his eyes on him, his heart that never beat for another person beats for the first time. He is his first love. Even though the death of Jiang Fengmian and Madam Yu haunts him. He will forever engrave their deaths to his soul.

Jiang Cheng fights with all his might along with Jin Zixuan, his brother-in-law. The Fierce Corpes are too aggressive that it was hard to control. But then, when the Stygian Tiger Amulet smashed into pieces, all corpses dropped down motionless.

"Jiang Wanyin, where is your brother?" Jin Zixuan asked. Jiang Cheng looked around to look for his brother. They saw how other Sect leaders fighting for the broken pieces of the Stygian Tiger Amulet that Wei Wuxian owned. He frowned when he saw how desperate they are.

"Where is that brat!" He muttered under his breath. He won't forgive him if he was hurt. He will ask the other sect leader to spare his brother. What happened to the Qiongqi Way path that cause the Jinlintai Cultivators to die, and almost losing Jin Zixuan, and the hundred holes curse of Jin Zixun is might not be his brother's work. He will ask for thorough investigation. This time, he will listen to his brother.

"JIANG WANYIN, OVER THERE!" Jiang Cheng saw Wei Ying near the edge of the cliff.

"Wei Wuxian!" He ran towards Lan Zhan and Wei Ying.

"Wei Ying, come back." Wei Ying snort and held his wound. Even if he come back, death still await him. They want him to be held responsible for the death of the cultivators in the Qiongqi Path Way which is their fault for harming and killimg the innocents. Killing his friend Wen Ning. He's tired of fighting for himself. No one will believe him anyways.

"Lan Zhan... I am tired," he whispered. Lan Zhan's jaw clenched. Lan Zhan knew how much Wei Ying has suffered.

"I know. Come with me to Gusu." Wei Ying knew that it will cause trouble for the fuddy buddy old man Lan Qiren if he come back with Lan Zhan. Its better to end this misery once and for all.

"Lan Zhan..." He let himself fall to the cliff. "Sorry..." he muttered.

"Wei Ying!" Lan Zhan run towards him and hold Wei Ying's wrist. The arm that holds him bleed because of the weight.

"Lan Zhan, let go..." Wei Ying said with a gentle smile. Lan Zhan clench his jaw bearing the pain. He won't let him go.

"Wei Wuxian!" Lan Zhan looked beside him and saw Jiang Cheng looking at Wei Ying. Wei Ying looked at Jiang Cheng. Ah! His sworn brother. Wei Ying looked at him with regret. He swore to him that he will be Jiang Cheng's right hand man just like his father towars Jiang Cheng's father. He gave his golden core to Jiang Cheng because he knows that cultivation is Jiang Cheng's life and he can't cultivate anymore. There is no place for him in Yunmeng Jiang Sect.

"Jiang Cheng..." A tear escaped from Wei Ying's eyes. He will never forget the banters he had with Jiang Cheng. His friend was just a person with a sharp tongue but he never do his threats. Well, sometimes.

"Stop talking and give me your other hand so we can pull you up! Let's talk about it later!" Jiang Cheng extended his arm for Wei Ying to reach. But Wei Ying notice that the edge will not support them any longer. He will not let his first love and his best friend be dragged on his death. He waved his hand for Lan Zhan to let him go.

"WEI YING!" Jiang Cheng and Lan Zhan exclaimed at the same time. Wei Ying smiled for one last time. All his memories flash before his eyes. As he close his eyes, he finallu achieved his peace.

"WEI YING!" Lan Zhan sat up and panted. The memory keeps on repeating itself. It was a nightmare for Lan Zhan. No matter what he do, he will remember it through nd through. The death of his love. The death of the person he truly loves.

He's not the only one who is plagued with the nightmare, but all people who was there. Some are fear, some are regrets, but some are just pure sadness because of the death of their loved one.

🐇🐇🐇🐇🐇🐇

A/N: Pardon my english and its grammatical error and spelling. Its not the best for its not my first language. Anyways I hope you Like this update. See you soon.