Chapter 29 - A visit from Baoshan Sanren

Jiang Cheng can feel the sharp gaze that the woman gives him. He can't think straight because he was thinking about whose grandson she was talking about. But is she that old? She looks younger than him.

"Grandmother, can you loosen up a bit?" Jiang Cheng looked at Mo Lian when she talked. She looked back to Jiang Cheng and smiled. Grandmother? Could it be Mo Xuanyu's grandmother? There are so many questions weighing on his mind.

"Well, esteemed guest can we ask why you owe us your presence?" Lan Xichen asked despite the tension around them. The woman smirked. Her favour towards the older jade seemed to raise.

"Now that you asked me, I am here to get something back!" The woman pointed at Jiang Cheng. Jiang Cheng was so surprised when the woman pointed to him. Lan Xichen got alarmed when he pointed at Jiang Cheng. He stood up in front of Jiang Cheng and shielded him from the woman's gaze. 

"Can ask you who are you?" Lan Xichen asked. The woman went towards Lan Xichen and walked towards him. She smiled and put her index finger under Lan Xichen's chin. Jiang Cheng clenched Lan Xichen's robe. He doesn't like what he sees and all he see is red. Jiang Cheng pulled Lan Xichen away from the woman and he shielded Lan Xichen this time.

"You're being rude to my guest. Who are you?" The woman squinted her eyes. She really doesn't like Jiang Cheng at all. Baoshan Sanren knew that Wei Ying give his precious golden core because this person cannot accept to be a mediocre person. He's the one responsible for his lost core because he was careless but he was ambitious, too full of himself, only thinking of himself. He betray a person who gives his everything to him but what he get was betrayal from him. She smirked and looked at Jiang Cheng sharply.

"Sect Leader Jiang, I'm not really surprised why the Wei family left your sect because you are full of arrogant people." The woman turned and walked towards her followers. Then she gave a sideways glance. "Do you think you are inferior just like your mother? Dumb fool! You're not! Wei Ying lost his golden core because of you!" The woman said angrily and pointed at Jiang Cheng. 

Jiang Cheng was surprised when he heard what she said. Wei Ying lost his core because of him? How and Why? "Wha-What are you talking about."

"Of course, you don't because Wei Ying didn't want to tell you anything. I know everything, Sect Leader Jiang. All of the things that happened for the past hundred years, I know it. Including the death of Cangse Sanren up to the death of my disciple's son, Wei Ying." Jiang Cheng clenched his Jaw. He remember what Wei Ying told him before. Cangse Sanren was Wei Ying's mother and she's a disciple of...

"Baoshan Sanren," Jiang Cheng muttered under his breath. Baoshan Sanren smiled and nodded.

"That is right, I am that person. Baoshan Sanren, Cangse Sanren's teacher," Baoshan Sanren said. Jiang Cheng immediately saluted. Even though he was afraid of this person, his gratitude towards her for fixing his golden core is much more immense than his fear.

"I'm sorry for my rudeness. I-" Baoshan Sanren laughs like she's ridiculing him. Jiang Cheng's eyebrow furrowed. 

"I didn't come here down from the mountain of Tulong to pay you a visit! I came here for Wei Ying's golden core!" Jiang Cheng looked at him confused. Why does she keep on saying that she came for Wei Ying's golden core, he looked at Lan Xichen and he's also the same as him.

"Wei Ying's golden core was inside of you, Sect Leading Jiang." Jiang Cheng's eyes widened and looked at Wen Qing. They all thought that Wen Siblings died and their ashes were spread to the Nightless City. But now that Wen Qing is standing there behind Baoshan Sanren, Jin Guangshan lied to them. But she told them that Wei Ying's golden core was inside of how did that happen?

"Master Baoshan Sanren-" Wen Qing walked towards him and looked at his eyes seriously.

"Wei Ying... he... gave his Golden core to you. Master Sanren didn't fix your golden core. There is no Baoshan Sanren in the Yiling mountains where your Golden Core was fixed. The one you met is me," Wen Qing said and looked down. Too many surprises came to him today and he was really surprised.

"No, that is impossible!" Baoshan Sanren rolled her eyes and shake his head. She sighed deeply to control herself.

"That is not impossible, young one. You've never heard of it because no one didn't perform it because they are afraid of becoming a mediocre person. But because of Wei Ying's love for your family and his promise to your parents to protect you, Wei Ying gave everything. He invented demonic cultivation to get revenge and protect you and your sister from harm. But what did he get from you? Betrayal. Such a good Shidi you are." Baoshan Sanren said with sarcasm. Jiang Cheng still can't believe that Wei Ying did that for him. But he knows that Wei Ying is that kind of person. He's a selfless person who always stands in justice. He felt pathetic right now.

"Wei Ying..." His head was bowed and your hand are clenched. Lan Xichen looked at Jiang Cheng. He knows exactly what he feels. Lan Xichen also doubted Wei Ying when the first siege happened.

"Now, if I ask you to give Wei Ying's golden core back? Would you give it back to him? Or selfishly cling to a core that doesn't even belong to you?" Baoshan Sanren asked. She knows how greedy people are that is why she left and seclude herself to the Tulong Mountains and didn't even bother. But now that it was a matter of life of her grandson, she will do whatever it takes.

"Master Sanren, Jiang Wanyin is a Sect Leader, you can't tell him to hand over something that is impossi-"

"Its not impossible, Sect Leader Lan. Wei Ying did it. Why can't he?" Baoshan Sanren asked. Lan Xichen can't refute what she said. She have a point. But to lead a clan, Jiang Cheng is the last living descent of the Jiangs. But... Wei Ying...

"Why do you need the core? Is it going to help Wei Wuxian?" Jiang Cheng asked. Baoshan Sanren was surprised. She didn't expect what Jiang Cheng said.

"Yes, it will help him." Jiang Cheng clenched his hands and nodded. It's not the time for him to be selfish. Wei Ying died once to protect them and other people. That is why, Wei Ying didn't bring Suibian anymore because he can't hold the sword again like before. Now he understand. It's fine if he became a mediocre. The knowledge is still on his head and he can pass it on to another. He shouldn't be afraid. If this was going to help Wei Ying and their relationship to be mended, then so be it.

"I am willing," Jiang Cheng said. Lan Xichen hold his hand. Afraid for the person he likes. Jiang Cheng looked at Lan Xichen before smiling and assuring him that it will be okay. Mo Lian smiled and nodded, same as Wen Qing. Baoshan Sanren scoffed.

"At least, one of the Jiangs have a brain."

🐇🐇🐇🐇🐇🐇🐇
A/n: before you roast me those Jiang Lovers over there who will happen to read my story. Don't... I mean Don't be angry at me. I like Jiang Cheng okay... but sometimes... His sentiments are... Kind of... Ya know... wrong? Well, this is how I picture them. Why can't Jiang Cheng sacrifice another thing for Wei Ying. I know, I know I can hear you. Jiang Cheng sacrifice himself for Wei Ying's life once but... Wei Ying also sacrifice a lot. In Xuanwu cave, his golden core and some other things that we might not know.

Anyways, pardon my English, grammatical errors and spelling. See you soon, Lovelies!