Chapter 2 - Three Years Later

Three years had passed, Lan Zhan came out of his seclusion. Before he went to seclusion, Wen Yuan wake up but without memories or more like the child's trauma is so great that he locked his memories up. Lan Zhan decided to adopt him despite the elder's refusal.

But Lan Qiren let him adopt Wen Yuan and gave him the Lan Last name and now called him Lan Yuan with a curtsey name, Sizhui. Meaning "to yearn for".

Sizhui, welcome his adopted father with a hug and smile when he came out of seclusion.

"Sizhui..." Lan Zhan hugged him back. Lan Xichen saw his brother give the child with a small smile. Lan Xichen is happy to see his brother after 3 years, and in three years many things happened.

"Wanji, Jinlintai will celebrate the 4th birthday of the son of Lady Jiang and Jin Zixuan," Lan Xichen said with a smile on his face. Lan Zhan looked at him and nodded. "Will you come?" Lan Zhan shook his head.

"I'll be heading to the Burial Mounds," he answered. Lan Xichen already expected the answer.

"Jiang Wanyin came to the Burial Mounds from time to time to check but to no avail." Sizhui looked at the two man still unable to understand what they are talking about.

"Father, where are you going? Should I go with you?" Sizhui said cutely with a pout on his face. The way he said it was just like Wei Ying. Lan Zhan patted his head.

"Not now, you're still small." But Sizhui continued to pout.

"But..." Lan Xichen pats the back of the child's body.

"Sizhui, you still have classes with uncle right?" Lan Xichen asked the child with a smile. Sizhui looked at him and nodded.

"I also promised to play with Jingyi." Lan Zhan nodded.

"Go ahead." Sizhui nodded and saluted. "Eat with me at dinner time." Even though he was pouting, he smiled when his father told him that he will be with him at dinner time which made Sizhui happy. He saulted again and happily leave the room. Lan Xichen smiled and looked at Lan Zhan.

"Day by day that child is become more like Wei-gon-" but before Lan Xichen completed his sentence he stopped. He immediately minded his words. The mare mention of Wei Ying's name can hurt his brother. "Anyway, you should meditate first. After uncle's class see him before you leave. I need to go to Jinlintai to attend. Also, A-Yao was expecting me to arrive.

Lan Zhan nodded, "Take care, Xiongzhang."

Lan Xichen sighed and left the room. But before he left the pavillion, he looked at his brother whose gaze was at the sky. Longing is evident to his eyes. Three years had passed but still his heart is with Wei Ying. He smiled and shook his head. When a Lan fell in love, they will never love again. And he hopes that when he found love, he wished it wasn't tragice like them.

Jiang Cheng played with his 4-year old nephew. Jiang Yanli looked at them with a smile but it didn't reached to her eyes. She can still remember how his brother, Wei Ying anticipated the birth of her child. She can still remember his words.

"When he grew up, I will play with him all the time! I will teach him everything I know!" Wei Ying said after she told him that she was pregnant.

"What will you teach? Flirting with girls? And how did you know that it was a boy? What if its a girl?" Jiang Cheng said with a snort and shook his head. Wei Ying smirked and put his arm to Jiang Cheng's shoulders.

"Of course I know it will be a boy! Even Shijie's husband is that peacock, for sure he made sure that it will be a boy! They said that there's a specific position to use to ensure that the baby will be a boy- That freaking hurts!" Jiang Cheng elbowed Wei Ying's chest. Jiang Yanli's face heated and put her both hands on each of her face.

"Shameless! You're making Jiejie uncomfortable," Jiang cheng said with a huffed. Jiang Yanli laugh at her brothers.

"Now, now you two! Stop fighting. Whatever that gender is, I would love them to learn a thing or two from the both of you," Jiang Yanli said and held each of her brother's hand. "I know you two will teach them something in life. I know you will make sure that they will be safe."

"I will make sure they are safe, Shijie! I promise!" Wei Ying happily said. His smile is so contagious that Jiang Cheng and Jiang Yanli smiled together with him.

"I also promise!" Jiang Cheng said.

Jiang Yanli looked at her hand and clasped it. She sighed deeply, still thinking about where Wei Ying is. Jiang Cheng noticed his sister's action and he looked at his nephew who was looking at him with a smile of his face. Jiang Cheng brought the child to his sister and sat beside her. The child reached for his mother.

"Mama!" Jin Ling courtsey name Rulan, reached for his mother to hug. Jiang Yanli happily take her son from her brother.

"Jin Ling, are you happy playing with your uncle?" Jiang Yanli asked. Jin Ling nodded and give her a big smile.

"Yes! Jin Ling is happy, playing with uncle!" The child happily exclaimed. Jiang Cheng and Jiang Yanli laughed at the energetic child but Jiang Yanli's smile dissipated and looked out the window.

"A-Xian will be happy playing with you too," Jiang Yanli said with a sad smile on her face. Jiang Cheng sighed and pat his sister's back.

"There are still no sign of him. I am afraid that-" Jiang Yanli looked at him and shook her head.

"I still believe that A-Xian will come back, A-Cheng." Jiang Cheng cleched his jaws.

"But according to Zewu Jun, most likely his body was wrecked by the resentful energy he wield. We should accepted that he was gone, Jie!" Jiang Yanli was hurt because of his words but she can't accept it. "I think it was time for us to accept that he's dead."

"I still can't A-Cheng. Not yet," Jiang Yanli silently cried. Jiang Cheng suppressed his tears and hugged his sister.

"I am too." Jin Ling looked at his mother and uncle. He doesn't know why his mother crying so he also cried.

"Waaaaah! Why Mama?" Jin Ling cried. Jiang Yanli wiped her tears and hugged the wailing child and kissed Jin Ling's cheeks.

"It's okay, Jin Ling. Nothing's wrong. Mama is okay," Jiang Yanli assured her wailing child. Jin Ling stopped crying and looked at his mother while hiccuping. Jiang Cheng stood up when he saw Jin Zixuan went inside the room.

"Wanyin." Jin Zixuan saluted. Jiang Cheng did the same. "The other sect leader already came, so as Zewu Jun."

"Did Lan Wanji came?" Jin Zixuan shook his head.

"Zewu Jun said that he went to the Burial Mounds," Jin Zixuan answered. Jiang Cheng closed his eyes and face palmed.

"I told Zewu Jun that there's no sign of Wei Wuxian on that place." Jin Zixuan patted Jiang Cheng's shoulder.

"Just let him be. Maybe he wants to see for himself." Jiang Cheng just nodded.

"Hands off my shoulder, or I'll cut it."

🐇🐇🐇🐇🐇

A/n: Well, I am too inspired! Oh, don't forget to leave a comment. Forgive my Grammatical Errors and spelling. Until next time.