T H I R T Y - E I G H T

It probably wasn't a good idea to spend most of my day in my room sketching with no breaks in between

It probably wasn't a good idea to spend most of my day in my room sketching with no breaks in between. Only for coffee, however. A few ideas came to mind and I couldn't help but grab my sketchbook and start putting everything down on paper.

I did go to the store before to get some of Elliot's favorite drinks and snacks to put in a cute basket for when he gets home. He didn't say when so I was hoping it was soon.

Ember knocked on my door and I motioned for her to come in.

"Hey S, there's a delivery guy at the door for you Serena."

"I didn't order anything though Ember," I said, confused before getting up from my desk. "You sure it was for me?"

She shrugged. "They were asking for you. Think you should go check it out."

"Okay then," I noticed she was trying to hide her grin but disappeared into her room while I went to go open the door.

I wonder why.

"Sorry to keep you waiting-" Looking up, I see Elliot standing there with flowers in his hands and a huge smile on his face. "Elliot!"

"Hey, beautiful."

I jumped into his arms and kissed him while he kisses me back, trying to steady his balance. He ended up falling to the ground, laughing but didn't let me go.  At one point both of us did get up, making our way into the living room.

"It's only been a week darling, miss me that much?" Elliot asked, handing me my favorite carnations.

This man.

"A week too long, so yes," I answered, kissing him on the cheek before placing the flowers on the coffee table. "Thank you for the flowers."

"Always, hey you're off today right?"

I nodded, grabbing him water from the fridge. "I am, how was your trip? You must be tired from all those angry businessmen."

Elliot thanked me for the water. "Never too tired to see you love. It was exhausting but nothing I couldn't handle. Though angry businessmen do like to fight dirty."

"I bet they do." He puts his water down and pulls me into his lap, burying his face into my neck with a sigh. "I missed you the most, Serena. Don't tell the guys."

I smile down at him, playing with his hair softly. "I missed you too handsome. Have you been sleeping enough?"

"Enough yes, God your neck is so soft." The stubble on his face tickles me as he places small kisses on my neck, making me let out a laugh. "Do you and Ember have any plans for today?"

Shaking my head, I watch a small grin appear on his face. "Then I was wondering if I could take you to my apartment?"

"Hmm, that sounds good, what would be doing at your apartment kind sir?"  I asked, raising an eyebrow at him.