F I V E

"Long time no see Brown

"Long time no see Brown."

I cleared my throat. "Dalton."

Right now I'd rather drown myself in more alcohol than talk to the one person I despise the most. I was in a good mood but that turned into a bad one real quick. Elliot sat down next to me with a smirk on his face.

Oh, how I always hated that smirk.

I waited for him to say something but he was rather quiet while continuing to drink his whiskey. The drink that I received before was far gone. Why the hell was he sitting next to me? No doesn't matter, why did Elliot Dalton buy me a drink?

"If you're looking for another apology for me spilling coffee on you, you're not getting it." I started to say. "In fact, I take all my apologies back."

He only chuckles. Did I say something that was funny?

"That was you?" There was a smug look on his face. Well, it's alright Brown, wasn't my favorite suit anyway."

I observed him for a minute. Okay, I'll be honest I was admiring the tattoos on his arms. Close up I noticed there were so many. God, I only have one and it wasn't that painful but I'm guessing some of those must've hurt.

To trace them over with my fingers-

No, Serena snap the hell out of it. Get far away from what you're thinking about right now woman.

Hey, I'm kind of a tattoo girl so don't blame me.

"Someone seems to be in a bad mood." His voice snaps me out of my thoughts.

"Yeah because you're here." I wanted to say but held back.

Instead, I ignored him and fiddled with the rings on my finger. "What do you want Dalton?"

Elliot put his drink down. "What makes you think I want something?"

"I don't think you'd be talking to me after four years if you didn't."

He raised an eyebrow at me. "So two people can't sit down and talk to one another?" The man had a playful smile on his face as he stared at me. I knew he was eyeing me again like he was before.

Men.

"We aren't friends or anything."

That shut him up. Good.

Here's the story, Dalton and I weren't friends in college. We were technically more like two people who didn't like each other ever. Both of us were at the top of our class so everything we did honestly turned into a competition. It's stupid I know.

We never got along no matter how hard our friends including Ember tried to find a way to. The two of us argued so much our friends got sick of us at one point. We're complete opposites, him and I.

The best part was that the dude always tried to get on my fucking nerves.

I was actually pretty glad on graduation day when that was the last day I'd ever have to see Elliot again. You should have seen the look on his face when he was second in our class while I was first. Hilarious.