O N E

Every ending of a story tends to only be the beginning

Every ending of a story tends to only be the beginning. Mine is just getting started.

So here it is.

Let's start off with me never being a morning person.

Yeah, that's about right.

"SERENA BROWN YOU BETTER GET UP WOMAN BEFORE YOU'RE LATE FOR WORK!"

Ladies and gentlemen, meet my lovely best friend Ember.

Usually, the start of my day included Ember yelling at me to get out of bed. I never understood when and why she became a morning person. I'm a girl who likes to stay up late at night reading or watching movies. Boring I know but that's just me.

Anyways, for once I actually woke up early due to me not being able to sleep. Had to stay up all night working on some new designs which took a while. Late-night working isn't really my way to go but it happens sometimes.

That's what you get for being an interior designer Serena.

Being the most known interior designer in Chicago at twenty-five isn't that bad. I actually enjoy doing my job though it gets tiring from time to time. The amount of people who admire what I do is kind of crazy. New projects are fun for the most part.

Once I graduated, I already knew what I would love to do and that part of my dream came true. Moved into a pretty nice apartment, and got an amazing job with a boss who's actually decent, what more do you need?

Here I am, living my life in the best way possible.

For now, I guess.

Surprised to say I was never hung up on a guy. They're basically a waste of time in my opinion. Figured out that my last year of college but you know that doesn't matter anymore. Why need real men when you have hot fictional characters?

I knew if I didn't leave my room now Ember would probably start yelling again. I check my phone to see my boss reminding me to bring all the designs to work to present to the client later on. All I had to do is make a few more changes in the office and we'll be all good. Hopefully.

Putting on a decent outfit and leaving my hair up, I made my way to the kitchen where Ember was reading a book.

You see, the two of us weren't complete opposites yet we kind of were. Ember was typically quiet around people but really loud and fun when we were alone or out partying. I on the other hand was an outgoing person and basically had no fear of holding back.

Opposites attract as some would like to say.

We were surprisingly roommates all throughout college and just stuck together over the years. Both of us honestly clicked the minute we saw each other. I can't imagine what life would be like without Ember in it.

"Good morning beautiful!" I grabbed a water bottle from the fridge while I watched Ember roll her eyes. "How'd you sleep?"

She gave me a sigh, putting down her book. "Alright, I guess. The people above us had a nice night I think from all the creaking I heard."