T W E N T Y - T H R E E

Serena not speaking to me is why I think the last two weeks have been terrible

Serena not speaking to me is why I think the last two weeks have been terrible. And dreadful too.

Apparently or according to Luka, I've been an ass lately. My assistant stays clear from me unless I need something. Guess I shouldn't have yelled at her after she knocked on the door.

I know I'm an ass for saying that to Serena. I wasn't thinking straight when I said it after the kiss. Now that's all I've been thinking about lately-

She won't talk to me even after the number of times I've called and texted. She has every right to be what because of what I did but all I want to tell her is that I didn't mean it.

Serena probably won't believe me though. I'll keep trying anyway even though she told me to leave her alone.

I'm not giving up easily on her just yet.

I lean my head against my chair letting out a sigh. All I could think about was the damn kiss. The moment kept replaying in my head over and over again.

She tasted sweet like cherries with her soft lips against mine. God, when she tugged on my hair, I wanted more, craved more but no.

Some stupid part of me decided it'd be a good idea to pull away.

Why did I have to go and say that? I thought to myself.

I didn't want to ruin our friendship but I think I might have already. Serena won't even talk to me about work and so I hear everything from Christian and Luka.

The newspaper in front of me made me groan. The front-page headline was, Elliot Dalton and New Girlfriend?

Don't understand why so many people are deeply interested in my relationships. Apparently many were shocked to see me in a photograph with a girl beside me.

A very beautiful one might I just add- anyways.

I stared at the picture which was of me looking at Serena while she looked right back at me smiling.

The photographer must've taken it when we weren't ready. Her smile was perfect. Every damn thing about her was perfect god damn it.

"Fuck." I threw the newspaper towards my door which Christian came in through.

"What the hell got you so mad?" He looked at me confused before picking up the newspaper.

"Don't you have work?" I muttered, crossing my arms across my chest.

"Just got off," Christian answered, reading the paper. "Elliot looks at her like he's in love-"

"Don't finish that damn sentence," I warned him. "I don't want to hear that word."

He chuckled examining the paper. "I mean dude, they aren't wrong. Anyone could say that with the way you're looking at Serena."