E L E V E N

You know the times when someone's talking and you're just nodding along to whatever they're saying while in your head you're trying to make up a good excuse so you can get far away from them?

Let's just say that's me at the moment.

I was heading back to my office after visiting Christian in his and unfortunately, I was stopped by a guy whose name I think is Ethan? I never bothered asking since we never talk to each other anyway.

Anyway, the dude went into a twenty-minute rant about what he was currently working on while I was glancing over at Olivia with a pleading look on my face. She held up a finger, then on a piece of paper she wrote out 'someone's calling you.'

I sighed quietly in relief and excused myself before walking away from Ethan. He just went over to John who was standing there on his phone and continued his rant. How I feel bad for that poor guy.

Thanking Olivia, I go into my office and check my phone to see a number I didn't know on my screen.

"Brown."

It was Luka, no surprise. "Ciao bellissima. How's my favorite person doing?"

I sit down on my sofa while trying to find my sketchbook. "Luka! I'm doing alright but what's with you calling me out of the blue?"

"I'm not allowed to check up on my beautiful friend once in a while?" He pretended to sound hurt. "Damn Serena."

"Hey, I'm just saying! Now I know you either want something again or you seriously called randomly."

I heard him laugh and clear his throat. "Ah speaking of which, let's get down to business. Are you busy this weekend?"

I thought for a minute. "Kind of. My brother's coming to visit on Friday." That definitely didn't slip my mind.

"Perfect. Invite him along."

Grabbing a pen, I started writing down some things I needed to get done. "To what Luka?"

"Well to answer your question bellissima, to clubbing of course!"

Clubbing? I don't really know about that.

"My cousin opened this new club downtown and got me hooked with VIP passes," He continued speaking when I didn't say anything. "I already asked Ember who said yes."

I stare at my phone surprised. "Ember said yes? How long did that take?"

"About ten minutes. Took a lot of convincing and now I have to bring her ice cream later." Luka answered.

As he should. I told him to hold on as I texted Aaron who immediately said yes and we all know the reason why of course.

"I'll think about it."

He sighed on the other side of the line. "If you're worried about Elliot being there, don't worry he won't be. Unfortunately, he has "things to do."Christian is coming though."