S E V E N T E E N

I couldn't stop thinking about her

The girl seriously won't get out of my mind no matter how I try. Drinking, running, nothing was working at all.

Why was I even thinking about her? I don't even know why I asked Serena if she wanted to hang out. Some part of my brain thought it'd be a great idea and so I went with it thinking she would say no.

And now I'm in the living room of my penthouse with copies of the same books that Serena picked out. She didn't like that I paid for everything so it took a while to convince her that it wasn't going to hurt my card or anything.

The bad thing was how I enjoyed hanging out with her and without yelling at each other as we did before. Serena's not bad as I thought she would be once you spend some time with her.

I have to stop myself from doing it though.

The plan was supposed to be to meet with each other only to talk about the project and work things out. Maybe get her mad or tease her once in a while there.

You can see that plan wasn't a good one.

I groan before heading to my office to get work done. There were business calls to make anyway which would take my mind off certain subjects.

Luka texted me saying he'll be over in an hour. I already knew the questions about Serena were going to come. He and Christian keep asking a lot about what's happening between us.

The answer would be nothing. Not friends even though I'd like to try to be. She won't even call me Elliot's for God's sake.

As I said before, just two strangers hanging out but with some history of hating each other. That sounds about right.

I rolled up my sleeves before picking up my phone to talk to people who were going to waste my time for the next hour or two with pitching their ideas. At least it was worth better than sitting around and thinking.

I listened, not interested at all. If Luka was here he'd be cracking jokes the whole time, waiting for me to give in and hang up so we don't die of boredom.

I got up to grab All Your Perfects from my bookshelf which I had more books to add to. Never a question a guy who enjoys reading.

Still not a huge fan of romance but we're getting there.

Graham and Quinn were growing on me. The then parts made me happy while the now parts began to hurt a little. I haven't cried which isn't going to happen so we're going strong in that part.

I read a few chapters constantly setting down the book at some parts before Luka knocked on my door. I waved him in and he came in with a huge grin on his face.

"What?" I asked, leaning back on my chair.

He shook his head stilling grinning. "What's the deal with all the romance books in your living room?"