T W E L V E

"How's my favorite sister?" I heard my brother call out from his car

Think it's time to introduce Aaron. Your typical hockey boy who never remembers a girl's name yet still can charm them in seconds. I seriously don't get how but do I question it?

Nope.

I scoffed, walking over to him. "I'm your only sister so of course, I should be your favorite."

"Yes, you are." He held out his arms and shook his head. "Well, are you going to just stand there?"

Before I can say anything he pulls me into a hug and I'm suddenly lifted up from the ground. I laughed while hugging him tight so I didn't fall.

Suddenly I don't remember the last time I saw him. We always talk on the phone but with him playing hockey all the time and me with work, there's just never much time.

Hell, I think the last time I saw him was when I surprised him with a visit over the summer. And that was months ago.

"It's really good to see you, Aaron." I said as he put me down.

"You too Serena." He gave me a grin. "Now let's get down to business because we have loads to catch up on."

Here comes the questions everyone.

We started to walk towards my building and I knew Aaron was trying hard not to ask me the same thing he always does every time I talk to him.

"I'm not dating anyone if that's what you're wondering."

He let out a loud laugh once I opened the door to my apartment. "So that means I won't have to make anyone run for today?"

I rolled my eyes. "Unfortunately."

"Good to know."

Ember was sitting on the couch with a book in her hands when she saw both of us walk in. She practically jumped up from where she was sitting to hug Aaron. She was honestly like another sibling to us.

"Hey idiot, how's it going?" She asked, slapping his arm away when he tried to ruffle her hair.

"Pretty well, met a lot of girls on the way here." He replied, receiving glares from both of us. "I'm kidding."

I went to the kitchen. "No wonder you can't get a girlfriend."

He seemed offended by that. "I can get a girlfriend!"