F O U R

My life's always been crazy, let's start with that

My life's always been crazy, let's start with that. And ever since I started my own company and became the CEO of Dalton Enterprises, it got even crazier.

Everyone knows me as the hottest and youngest successful billionaire in Chicago. I mean, can we really deny the hot part? Anyways, they also know not to ever mess with me. I'm not a person who likes to be messed with.

It took years to get to where I am today. Once I graduated from college, I started looking for ways to grow and build a company. People never took me seriously, saying I'll never make it and constantly doubting me.

Of course, I proved them wrong.

I'm twenty-five, living the life I've spent dreaming of. My family was always supportive, especially my mom. I'll always continue to thank her for all she's done all these years.

Luka's been with me the whole ride too. Both of us have been best friends since high school. We went to different colleges yet our friendship never fell apart. He's practically a brother to me.

So he has a shit ton of tattoos and sleeps around sometimes, the man's still a pretty smart guy. Funny too.

Me? People say I'm a man with a private life filled with secrets no one knows. Heartless, according to the news. However, that's technically true. I'm not much of a guy who likes to have girlfriends. The lovey-dovey stuff really isn't my forte. 

Probably never will be.

Moving on, it was just another one of those days. I've been pissed ever since some girl spilled coffee all over me in the morning. Luka was on his knees laughing as soon as I walked into my office.

"Seems like someone is having a wonderful morning." He joked, receiving a glare from me.

After hours of being in countless meetings, yelling at a couple of people, and listening to Luka talk about his sad love life, his words not mine, I'm now in a restaurant trying to pay attention to annoying businessmen who were pitching their idea on why I should work with them.

So far they've only been blabbing.

"Are they still talking?" Luka, sitting next to me murmurs. "I'm this close to falling asleep."

"Unfortunately," I mutter back, taking a drink of my whiskey. "Why'd we think it was a good idea to meet with them?"

"Your idea Dalton. I had no part in this man."

I rolled my eyes. "You suggested it Adams so don't start."

Luka puts his hands up. "Whatever you say but can we go to the bar after this? I'm going to need a lot more alcohol tonight."

"Count me in."

I listened to the men talk just nodding along to whatever they were saying. What they were offering wasn't what I was looking for yet they insisted on me hearing them out.