nineteen

i woke up to a quiet humming besides me, turning to face that direction.
i saw karl laying next to me, eyes closed as he let out steady breaths and nick on his other side, laying on his back as he stared at the ceiling, probably humming in boredom.

"don't wake him up, idiot", i whisper, making him turn around to face me. "you're awake!", he grins, keeping his voice quiet.
"because of your humming, yeah", i couldn't help but yawn and stretch my arms a little.
"let's get up", i stand up quietly.
he did the same as he lead me to the kitchen and started making coffee right away.

i sat down watching him with a smile, he looked so concentrated. "you've never made coffee before, have you?", i grin.
"no, that obvious?", he laughed with a wide smile as he looked at me. "yeah, kind of.", i laugh.

he figured it out after a few more seconds and we were switching to go sit on the couch, our mugs placed on the table.

"are you a jealous person?"
"what?", i look at him in confusion.
"i mean in friendship or relationship, you know", i must still look confused because he laughed. "i just wanna get to know you better!"
"oh", i laugh along. "uhm i mean if i'm friends with someone they can be friends with whoever they want to you know, they're their own people what do i have to do with that? the only thing i don't really appreciate is when they know i'm on bad terms with someone for a reason and still befriend them or anything but else i mean no not really, i'm happy if they're happy", i smile at him and he returns it. "and in relationships?", i think for a second.

"not really. i'm not commiting to someone and start a relationship with them if i don't trust them a hundred percent. i sure don't want them to do intimate stuff with others or cheat or anything but cuddling with their friends, hanging with them without / instead of me or stuff like that i'm completely fine with it. i don't have to spend every second with them, same the other way around. they're a free person that can do what they want when and with whom. their focus should always be theirself and not me or our relationship. they shouldn't feel like having to do something because of me or not being able to do something for the same reason. as long as they're honest, loyal and don't neglect me or our relationship do what you want and have fun i guess" i take a deep breath. "what about you, nick?"

.

we talked for hours and it felt like i've known him for at least longer than a year, we got along really well. he's a really nice guy, super kind, funny and sweet.

we got tired of talking after like two hours and karl was still asleep so we scrolled through tiktok and decided to learn a tiktok dance after seeing a really cool looking one.

"oh god we're gonna fail so bad", he laughed, to which i just agreed laughing. "you'll make a fool out of yourself, i can dance pretty decent."

we went over to the tv where we had more room to dance. "oh man, i'm scared already.", he laughed as he put the phone up in front of us, leaning against the tv.
it was on loop and we tried to mimic their movements, over and over and over and over again.
we had a lot of fun and laughed almost the whole hour doing that, mocking each other from time to time.

i laughed as i pushed him to the side. "move, i can't do the wave thing if you're so close!"
he groans. "that's my space, gat your own!", he pushes me back playfully.
"no, that's mine!", i do the same.
"what are you guys doing??", we were interrupted by a sleepy karl that stood in the doorway, looking at us with a confused expression on his face.

nick and i exchanged looks before all three of us started to laugh.