ten

i stood at the corner of the street with one suitcase and five bags on the ground, waiting for karl to come around.

i got curious as a car with darkened windows pulled up and stopped right besides me, not sure if it really is karl or just some random person parking here so i didn't move and wait until i see a young handsome man stepping out of it on the drivers side.

his hair was darkish blonde, kinda curled and looking really fluffy.
he was wearing black shorts with a small blue logo on the bottom right and an oversized white sweatshirt that's looking plain. he turns around to walk towards me and i finally acknowledge his friendly shining eyes looking me up and down, while i see a slight, genuine smile on his lips.

i couldn't even say anything before he pulled me into a distant but strong and tight hug, whispering "hi!" into my ear, careful not to be loud since his mouth is really close to it.

"hey", i smiled, ending the hug. "thank you so much for coming and letting me stay in general, that's such a big deal and-"
"it's alright ash!", he laughed kindly. "i love to be able to help you, please don't thank me for that the whole time! now let's get your bags into my car first."

and with that sentence he opened the back door, putting all of my stuff in, placing it carefully, taking one last look around to see if we got everything.
"alright, it's only like a twenty minute drive!", he pulled the door on the passenger side open, holding it for me. "may i?"

"thank you sir!", i couldn't help but blush as i was getting in, followed by him closing the door and getting in himself.

"so", he said as we drove.
"we might have a liiittle problem i forgot about."
"oh", i looked at him with kind of a worried expression on my face. "what's wrong?"
"see, my couch is really small, only fitting three people sitting, there's no way someone can sleep on it and other than that i only have my bed. it's double king size, has room for four grown people basically, if they cuddle a little."
"oh", my eyes went back to meet the road.
"it wouldn't be a problem for me to share it with you, if you'd be fine with it as well?"
it sounded like he was afraid to ask that question, his voice going a little higher.
"no i don't, it's alright!", i stated, making him sigh relieved. "as long as you don't sleep naked or snore loudly we'll be fine."

"that's a deal then.", he grinned, before saying "oh" again.
"what? oh's aren't good what's wrong??", i ask again.
"i also might have forgotten that a friend of mine is going to come over in like 2 weeks, staying for a few."

"oh that's not a problem, i'll just stay away and let you two have your privacy.", i started to talk as he interrupted. "no no, but the sleeping situation would be us three in my bed"
"oh, i see the issue now.", i laughed a little. "well as soon as we don't have to sleep inches apart imma survive that as well if he's fine with it too, still way better than sleeping on the street."

"yeah about that, he doesn't know you're staying over, it's gonna be like a surprise, he wants to meet you anyway, i know you said that'd be weird but-"
i laugh.
"fine karl, i'll meet him. we'll figure everything out once he gets here."

i earned a cheerful "yes!" and a huge smile as i looked over at him.

my eyes stayed on him for a bit, taking in his features. his hair fell onto his forehead a little, his shining, crystal clear blue eyes that are focused on the road were looking like an ocean full of life.
he had soft freckles going from his cheeks up his nose and slight eye bags, caused by his habit of staying up late.

his lips were formed into a small smile which got wider as he tilted his head towards me. "what?", he smirked, noticing i've been looking at him for quite a few seconds, causing me to blush again.

i grinned a little as well, turning to the window on my side. "i'm just enjoying my view. now focus on the road, idiot."