thirty-one

"hey cutie", karl smiled at me as he entered the living room, his black jeans fitting perfectly to his dark blue button up, two silver chains around his neck. his hair was styled as always, looking soft and fluffy.

i wore a dark green blouse with a black skirt and silver necklace, matching his chains, black and blue heels on my feet. my hair fell in big, loose curls as i wore it down. "hello handsome", i grin, letting him take my hand carefully. my hand was smaller than his as he crossed our fingers, making a perfect form.

"where are you taking me tonight?", i ask out of curiosity. "that's a surprise. the whole night is.", he gives me a mysterious but confident and happy smile. he took me downstairs to his car, opening the door for me.
"thank you, gentleman." i smiled at him softly, getting in as he did the same on the driver's side, getting everything right before starting to drive.

it was a thirty minute drive and i recognized where we were as we were almost there. it was the richest area in north carolina with five stars restaurants only. i was here once, it was when liv and i first met - to celebrate it. we had one salad, one meal and one drink each and payed almost four hundred dollars for it.

"no way karl", i gasped, looking at him as he pulled into the parking lot. he turned to look at me with a small smile. "don't worry about anything, okay? i'll pay. just enjoy our date."
"there's no way i can let you pay! do you know how expen-"
"i do, ash. i chose to come here.", he interrupted me laughing lighthearted. "it's fine. it really is, i have the money. even thought you can't see it in my apartment", he laughed. "but i wanted my first own home to be small and comfy, i plan on buying a house actually! oh, i'm drifting off again, what i meant to say is; i have the money. let me spoil you without any worries, okay?"

i sigh, knowing he's right. "i'll still feel guilty and bad though. the salads are forty dollars!", i pout.
"order whatever and how much you want, darling."
i blush a little at the darling, a smile on my lips. "fine"

we enter the restaurant hand in hand, making our way over to the entrance. "hello", karl smiled at the man in front of us fondly. "i've booked a table, the name is jacobs."
"yes, sir. i'll show you, if you'd please follow?", he walked to the stairs, up to the roof. our table was on a giant window front, we were the only ones up here.
he pulled my chair back, making me thank him as i sat down, him doing the same right after.
the view was absolutely amazing. the restaurant was right next to a park full of beautiful plants and flowers. it was lightened up with yellow shining lanterns, creating a comfortable light and atmosphere, i was too stunned to speak.

"you're insane, karl.", i look at him, seeing that he looked at me with an admiring smile. "and you're incredible beautiful."
"stop simping, god damn", i could feel that my cheeks were glowing red. "i'm not simping. i'm just in love", he kept his voice down, his smile soft and hesitant.
i sensed for his foot with mine carefully, crossing our ankles under table as i found where his rested.

his face lit up in a relieving smile, his eyes looking down at me across the table. "so beautiful, what do you want?" , he opened the menu before passing it to me, opening his own right after.
"i think i'm going for a soup.", i say while looking through it. "a soup?", karl laughed. "please don't be ridiculous, it is because of the prizes, isn't it?"
"no, i love soup!", i smile up at him with innocent eyes. "at least order fires to it if you don't want anything too fancy.", he smiled back at me, caringly.
"fine, thank you" i really didn't want him to pay too much. "though you should know i really don't care about the money at all."
'it's fine karl, really", i smile kindly.

the night was wonderful. we had an amazing dinner and a wonderful time together. "may i take you home with me?", he asked jokingly.
"oh, please sir! after the first date? i have standards.", i grin back at him.
"i'm sorry my lady, i didn't mean to put you in a bad light with implying you'd be one of those. but how about cuddling to a movie with after dinner popcorn?" i long for his hand carefully. "only if it's salted." he looked down at our hands happily before looking back at me. "of course! that's the only right popcorn flavor."

and so we drove back to his home, ending the night curled up on his couch, tight and close to each other.
i felt way more confident in my feelings after tonight, even though i was pretty sure about my infatuation for him already.