thirteen

i opened my eyes only to see that it was 4 pm.

we stayed up til 3 am last night because karl was on a stream and in that call for way longer then planned, so that's not really a surprise.
he tried to be quiet but the bed is like right next to his set up so i couldn't sleep at all.
he muted himself to say sorry for at least a hundred times.
it was really cute seeing him care that much to be honest. haven't quite had a feeling like that in a while.

i looked around to see him still being asleep next to me, a small smile surrounded my lips as i got up and ready for the rest of the day.

after that i decided to cook us a meal right away, who needed breakfast at noon?

i was just about to check if the potatoes were done cooking as i heard a small noise behind me, turning around. i did not expect to see grey standing on the table, looking at me all confused and curious.

i gave him a small smile and held my hand out, bringing it closer to him slowly.
i really didn't want to scare him off or make him hate me already.

he took a sniff on my hand and then just jumped down to walk off. great, was that a good sign or a bad one?
he walked into the living room to lay on his bed again so i turned back around to finish cooking the meal for karl and i.

karl would be going live in less than an two hours which didn't made it that chill, considering he had to take a shower after eating.
and so did i.

i placed the food on the plates proudly, satisfied at how good it looked, as i heard a tired sounding yawn behind me. "morning", karl said, making it seem more like a question than a statement.
"good afternoon", i smile at him. "take a seat, i'll get the soda!"

"oh wow, you cooked already?? what time is it??"
"like 4.30", i answered, walking over to the fridge.
"oh my god no way?? i gotta hurry up but thank you very much!", he took a seat.

"no problem, i hope you like it." i put our sodas besides the plates and sat down at the table myself.

"this is really good, ash!", karl looked up at me with a smile. "thanks", i answer, eating along with him.
after we've finished our meal karl went to take a shower immediately while i took some time doing the dishes.

-

karl's pov

it was 5.50 as i got done with everything, allowing me to start my stream on time.

ash has just hopped into the shower as i said hi to everyone. i would join the call after talking to chat for like ten minutes and then we'd go on the smp playing minecraft for a little bit.

"i hope you've all had a great day so far!", i leaned back to read what chat said, as i got surprised from a few people asking why my shower was on.
i just chose to ignore that question.

ash came into the room all dressed but with wet hair just a few minutes later, causing me turn off my mic and camera for a "pee break".

"come here", i smile.
she walked over to sit besides me, just so that she could see everything but was out of frame for the viewers.
i gave her a set of headsets to hear everything and got back to the stream.
i wanted to get her into my world a little more and she did show interest, but wanted to stay away from the camera, at least for first so we decided for her to just be sitting next to me and being able to see my discord so she can get to know the voices of my friends better.

"this is gonna be a fun stream, chat!"

we played around like usual, dumb and with complete broken humor. i was actually scared to scare ash off like this but everytime i sneaked a look on her she was smiling and looking like she really enjoyed whatever was going on, which made me relieved and happier than ever.

i can fully be myself around her.