#48. Erased)Even Superheroes Need A Sidekick Sometimes

Summary:
"See you tomorrow," they said.
Little did they know that when tomorrow came... Satoru wouldn't be there.
After Satoru slipped into a coma, everyone is struck with the realization;
Satoru wasn't just playing a game of superhero, there is really a murderer on the loose. Kenya decides to follow up with Satoru's investigation and tries to find leads on who he thinks is the murderer.

Fandom: Erased
Ship: None
Genre: Mystery, Angst, Thriller

_____________________________

Authorsnote:

Hey There!

I won't be giving many disclaimers; just one...
MAJOR SPOILERS FOR ERASED!!!

Okay, having said that, let's begin ^^

~Noa

_____________________________________________

Yashiro Gaku was the murderer.

That was the first thing that came to Kenya's mind when their homeroom teacher trudged into the classroom with bloodshot eyes. Yashiro glared around the room, his left lower eyelid twitching as he laid eyes upon the empty seat next to Misato's. The way his eyebrows curved into an angry frown proved it all; he knew this exact seat would be empty today, and he wasn't too happy about it.

Kenya knew the seat would be empty and he wasn't happy about it either, but it didn't seem to be the same reason as Yashiro's unhappiness. Yashiro seemed boiling with anger, where Kenya was worried more than anything. This was, because the evening before Kenya and his friends had waved at Satoru goodbye as he headed to the skating-rink. Satoru would make sure Misato wasn't all on her own, an easy prey, and after that he'd go home. That's what Satoru promised, at least.

But he didn't come home.

Kenya already knew that much as Sachiko went around calling all of Satoru's friends' parents to ask if Satoru was with them, when Satoru still hadn't come back home by dinnertime. Kenya still remembered looking out of his windows to see a police car heading to the Fujinuma household; implying that Sachiko must've called search troops to look for her son.

After that Sachiko hadn't let Kenya, or the others, know about the search for Satoru anymore.

Not until now, that was.

Kenya felt his throat growing dryer as Yashiro called the class to attention with a stern tone.

The sound of chairs scraping over the floor and loud talking forming into whispers caused Kenya's neck hair to stand up straight. He'd always been sensitive to sounds, which I why he enjoyed being around his more quiet classmates. Today he was even more sensitive to the loud noises; he'd been up all night, pacing up and down his bedroom, worried to death about Satoru's disappearance.

"I have an announcement to make," Yashiro said once the noise had settled down. His voice was shaking as if he was straining it by trying to stay calm. "And I have to warn, it is not a pleasant one."

There was some murmuring all around Kenya; kids making up theories as to why Satoru's seat was empty today. Some of them said Satoru probably transferred to where Kayo was going to school, while others were convinced he'd got himself detention somehow.

Yet, something inside of Kenya told him that even the worst his classmates could come up with wasn't even near bad enough to match the tragedy that had happened. Satoru, Kenya and their friends had been searching for a murderer, and now Satoru had disappeared after wanting to safe a fellow student; there'd been search parties looking for Satoru last night. Kenya didn't know whether they found him or not, but god knows what they found if they did.