#30. Haikyuu - Hinata/Kageyama) A Twisted Turn Of Events

Summary: Hinata gets injured during a match, but he wants to continue playing so badly while he can't even stand properly.

Fandom: Haikyuu
Ship: KagaHina
Genre: Hurt/Comfort, Mild Angst

part of Shipbruary 2021!

_____________________________

It's been such a long game against Fukuroudani. So long that Hinata can barely see the ball anymore; he's so very exhausted that his vision is completely blurred and his legs are all shaky.

They get a chance ball, Hinata sees it coming at Nishinoya nice and slow before he passes it to Kageyama. Hinata knows what to do now, he must run and spike; whether he gets the ball or not doesn't really matter as he's just as much a decoy as he is a Spiker, everyone knows that.

He takes a deep breath, his lungs ache a little, and he starts running.

He feels like he's slower than usual, but still pretty fast comparing to his teammates.

Kageyama sets the ball, it's flying towards Hinata, at the exact same time Hinata jumps.

His knees hurt a little when he pushes himself off the floor, but nothing seems wrong until he lands back onto the floor right after spiking the ball.

It feels like it twists before a burning pain spreads through his entire knee.

He collapses onto the floor, too weak to stand, and cradles his knee with both of his hands. He hears the people around him through his own screaming, but he can't understand a word they say. The world around him gets blurry as people run towards him and Hinata's convinced he loses consciousness right then and there, since he wakes up at the side of the court a little later.

Almost everyone has surrounded him, his entire team and even Bokuto and Akaashi and their team are standing nearby the bench where Hinata is laid down.

Before they seem to notice that Hinata's awake he hears them talking to each other.

Asahi and Sugawara talk about hoping Hinata's okay, while there's another conversation going on between Tsukishima, Nishinoya and Yamaguchi, who are talking about how brutal that fall looked.

"W-what happened?" Hinata mumbles, closing his eyes again because the light makes his head feel so painful and aching. He winces when he feels the burning and stinging feeling inside his knee again.

"You twisted your knee," Daichi states when no one else replies.

Hinata opens his eyes, glaring at Daichi through eyes filled with tears of pain. "What? How?"

Coach Ukai moves into Hinata's field of vision and says, "We think it might've been because of exhaustion, you must've made a wrong landing and lost your footing."

Hinata winces, it sure feels like he landed wrong.

But even though he's in pain, he needs to know what's going on with the competition; has his team just given up or are they waiting for him to come back into the game? Has he slept through the entire competition? Hinata has no clue, so he carefully asks, "Now what?"

Daichi looks at him with sympathy and says, "I guess we're going to continue playing, but you really need to get your knee checked at the emergency care."

"What!?" Hinata shoots upright, his head spinning as he does so. "B-But I want to play as well!"

Coach Ukai shakes his head and tells Hinata he really can't. "You're clearly injured, and Kiyoko and Yachi are already getting you a wheelchair so they can bring you to the emergency care."