CHAPTER 48

"Haneefah", Mr. Aderonmu stormed into his house, after parking his car roughly in the garage and slamming the door shut behind him.

He knew she was definitely at home because he met her on her way coming back from Akeela's house when he and his wife were going there. She was in a cab and they couldn't ask her what was happening.

"Haneefah, come out now!" He shouted, with a new surge of anger filling him.

Disappointment was an understatement, what he felt was beyond that, coupled with his fear and hatred for something as impure as this.

He couldn't believe he had been hosting a woman who had not only committed Zina but also going to have a baby outside wedlock. He would never allow that. Society knew the kind of person he was, his principles were strict and uneasy to bend. He felt ashamed of himself for shouting at Akeela for what she did and he was ashamed to show his face in public when he gets to the media that the daughter of the newly retired lawyer was pregnant.

He regretted his shouts at Akeela.

What was the essence when his daughter did something worse? Not only did she allow the stupid man to have his way with her, but she also allowed him to pump his seed into her, he fumed.

Maybe if he hadn't shouted at Akeela, he wouldn't be this humiliated. But he was grateful after a second thought, if it hadn't happened, he wouldn't have gotten to know till things were out of hands.

"Hane...." He trailed off when he saw her coming out of her room with a puzzled expression. Her father furiously paced the room back and forth.

"Dad", she called, with fear. She wondered what was happening and why her father was angry.

"Come here", he beckoned to her to stand in front of him as his gaze pierced her innocent look. It was impossible to believe as he studied her expression.

She stood in front of him as he glared at her. He pointed at her belly and asked. "Who is the nincompoop, and the bastard that put that silly thing in you?" He asked her and Haneefah's mouth dropped open in shock.

She was wondering how he got to know and from who.

Did Oye approach my father? She asked within her.

"Are you deaf?" He move threatening towards her and Haneefah backed away, releasing her clasped hands.

"Who is that bastard that got you pregnant?"

"I....do...I...am", she stuttered with tears-filled eyes.

"When did you become a stammerer", he grabbed her neck and pinned her to the wall. Haneefah struggled to get out of his hold but the man was stronger with his eyes blazing red in anger.

"Let her go", someone came in between them, making him release her as she coughed out, holding her neck region. She wondered what would have happened if her mother hadn't come in, her father was literally strangling her.

She began to cry as she slouch to the ground, gasping for air.

"Tell her to tell me the idiot that got her pregnant or I will send her out of this house this minute", he threatened.

"Really? Is that the solution?" Her mother opposed him. They were facing each other and talking in anger. Haneefah had never seen her parents that way. Her parents understood each other and that was one thing she wished for in her marriage if she ever got married to the one she loved.

"Tell her!" He pointed back at Haneefah angrily. "Tell her to tell me."

"It is Oye", Haneefah confessed. She knew he was going to know anyway. The person who told him about her pregnancy must have equally told him about who was responsible. Besides, he was going to know anyway and the earlier the better.

Her parents stood petrified, even the mother who was supporting her at first because of her husband's anger.

"Which Oye?" They both asked as they hovered above her.

"The same Oye. Jamal's friend", she answered in tears. The couple stared at each other with mouth agape. Her mother was the first to recover from the shock, she closed her mouth and was about to say something when the man grabbed his daughter off the ground and gave her a resounding slap, sending her rolling on the floor, weeping heavily.

She stood aside. She knew interfering will incur his wrath and make it worse.

"Find a way to get that thing out of you, I won't accommodate you two in here. One of you has to go, you stupid child!" He gritted his teeth.

"What?!" Haneefah and her mother exclaimed in wonder.

****
"It's not time yet, Fred", Sarah was still trying to convince him to stay but he was with a determined look on his face with a mixed expression of sadness and longing.

"There is no point waiting anymore, she doesn't love me anymore. I have messed everything up big time. I saw the hatred that flashed across her face when I told her about the video. This plan is definitely not going to work", he explained to her, with a frown.

His job was waiting in England and he was damn tired of the game they were playing. It wasn't bringing any good other than Akeela's hatred and that was the last thing he wanted.

"Stop being stubborn. This is just the beginning of our game. They are drifting apart already, we can begin with the other....."

"Stop it, Sarah. I am regretting this already." He stood up and zipped up his bag. Sarah stood watching him. She didn't want him to go, she was not done with her revenge and she was not ready to let go.

She wanted to deal with the couple to her satisfaction even if it means not being with Jamal ever again.

"You are such a coward", she declared and flopped to the armchair heavily.

"What?" He furrowed his brows.

"Yes, you are, if you are not, you won't want to run away at the beginning of a tough game like this." She asserted firmly, watching him pointedly with a daring look.

"This is not about..."

"Shut the fuck up!" She waved him away. "You can go!"

She decided to make Abduljalal a replacement for Fred if he goes. She was already forming an idea in her head and nothing would stop her from going ahead with it. Abduljalal would become useful, she mused to herself.

Fred sighed deeply, thinking over what she said. He knew she was doubting his abilities and he hated it. He thought of staying for a week to see if her so-called plan will work when his phone rang, jerking him out of his reverie.

It was Edna calling and he wondered why she was calling. The phone rang again, breaking the awkward silence in the room as Sarah kept glaring at him coldly. After a second thought, he sat down and picked up the call.

"Edna?" He called but he was met with a sob.

"Tell him!" He heard Taylor's voice from the background and his curiosity increased.

What is happening? Why is Taylor and Edna together? He asked himself. Taylor sounded angry.

"Fred...I...a...", she stammered.

"I said you should tell him!" Taylor shouted, his voice booming into his ears.

She cried and blurted out. "Fred, I am pregnant. For you."

It took a while for Fred to process what she meant and when he did, he exclaimed loudly. "What?!"

****
There we have our chapter 48. Are you already seeing the light at the end of the tunnel?

😅😅😅

Don't forget to vote and comment. I love you❤