A moment of stillness hung in the air. Seokjin's fist slowly lowered as he responded, "You can't blame our father for this."

"Sure, it's easy for you to say. You're the one receiving all the attention, Seokjin. While I barely get a glance and have to endure all his cruel remarks, you bask in his love. It's always your name I hear. 'Why can't you be like Seokjin?' 'You're nothing like Seokjin.' 'Seokjin does this better.' Seokjin this, Seokjin that! I'm tired of hearing your name. And you can't blame me for wanting to ruin your 'oh-so-perfect' life." He turned his head to the side, licked his lips, and spat blood on the floor.

"You shouldn't have involved Choi Hye-ryeong in all of this."

Taehyung chuckled menacingly. "Seokjin, Seokjin," he called, shaking his head. He struggled to rise to his feet and pushed away Seokjin's hand. "One of my plans was to ruin your life through Hye-ryeong. The moment I kidnapped her and got to know her, I understood why you fell for her. I couldn't help but relish in your misery, keeping her for myself. You can't deny it. A woman like her can captivate anyone with a single touch. I love her."

Seokjin's thoughts were filled with lies, lies, and more lies. "But you killed her!"

A wild smile stretched across Taehyung's face, and his laughter resonated throughout the factory. Gradually, the laughter faded, replaced by a whimper. He bent down, slowly squatting, and held his head. "It was an accident. It was an accident!" In an instant, his eyes locked onto Seokjin's, and he rushed toward him, gripping his forearm tightly with both hands. With a fragile voice, he cried out, "Hyung, it was an accident. She escaped, and I went after her. And then... it happened."

Seokjin watched his half-brother trembling in front of him, sensing that something was amiss. He heard Taehyung muttering Hye-ryeong's name repeatedly.

Suddenly, a shout reached their ears. They turned their heads to see security guards and police officers rushing toward them. Seokjin, innocent of any wrongdoing, remained motionless and surrendered to the police. Meanwhile, Taehyung fled, prompting the officers to give chase.

Initially, they were charged with trespassing. However, that would change one day...

**********

[Fingers were frantically typing on the typewriter]
You seem distracted when others ask you outside.
I assume you're uncomfortable,
So I had to bring you to this junk.
There's no other room.
Anyways, you're aware of your charges, aren't you?
Why fight in that place of all places?

[Taehyung stared into space, not uttering a word]

[Detective Min noticed that Taehyung had been unusually quiet. That explained why other detectives had given up interrogating him. He peered up from his typewriter with an eyebrow raised before knocking a finger on the table.]
Mister Kim Taehyung.
You are aware of your charge, aren't you?
You trespass

Three years ago...
I kidnapped a girl.
A girl who's supposed to be a threat to my brother's perfect reputation
[He paused, eyes trembling.]
All I want is the same kind of attention that he receives.

[Detective Min's eyebrows knitted together. He made a glance at the glass that separated him from his colleagues and then, returned his view to the man in front of him.]
Three years ago?

[Taehyung averted his eyes from the detective.]
How is love supposed to be expressed, detective?
[He paused, staring weakly at the brow-furrowing detective.]
Choi Hye-ryeong. I love her.