special chapter

════ ⋆★⋆ ════

════ ⋆★⋆ ════

The wet eyelashes flickered open, and a pair of sneakers touched the rugged ground. A sense of space surrounded him, although some areas were still illuminated. After surveying his surroundings, he realized that he was in the same location, but it appeared inhabited rather than deserted.

Gazing into the emptiness ahead, he yearned for the presence of the young woman. The fact that they belonged to different generations left him with a deep and profound sense of emptiness. His breath quivered as he fought back the impending eruption of emotions, forcing his eyes shut once again.

Despite returning to where they were meant to be, a torrential rain continued to pour within his soul. Thunder resonated later, as the man recalled every word he had spoken. His jaw and temples tightened, and with a forceful motion, he threw the man to the ground, where he landed with a thud. Scanning the area for a source of water, he discovered a pail filled with water and proceeded to pour it onto the man.

As the man on the ground regained consciousness, he spat out profanities and groaned as he rolled onto his back. The metal pail clattered on the ground after being discarded. "Can't you be more careful? You hit me hard in the head, f-cking..." he started, but was abruptly interrupted.

"Cut the crap," Seokjin interjected.

"Cut the crap? I was just saying..." the man attempted to continue.

Seokjin took a decisive step forward and struck Taehyung in the face. Then, he grabbed his collar and unleashed a series of punches, venting his anger. He was about to deliver another blow when a laughter erupted, growing louder and echoing through the air, causing him to freeze with a trembling fist suspended mid-air.

"You got me, Seokjin," Taehyung remarked in a cocky tone as the echo subsided. His head drooped backward before he lifted it again, revealing bruises on his cheek and around his eyes, and blood on his lower lip. Despite this, he wore a smirk on his face and emitted a feeble chuckle.

Taehyung prevented Seokjin from further pummeling him by saying, "Don't you think it's too late for such a reaction?" His trembling fist gradually relaxed. "If I were you, I would have let go and... die."

"Enough of your bullsh.t!" Seokjin gritted his teeth and pulled Taehyung closer. "You killed my fiancée. You abused her. You unleashed your filthy lust upon her–"

"Come on, learn to have some fun!"

"–how dare you tell Hye-ryeong that you love her after all you've done?"

The younger brother let out a sarcastic laugh. "I love her, Kim Seokjin."

"Don't utter the word 'love'–"

"Whose fault was it that I never knew what true love felt like? No matter how hard I tried, it never felt right. I grew up without understanding the true expression of love."