thirteen

════ ⋆★⋆ ════

════ ⋆★⋆ ════

year 2022 - present

If he's still alive, I'll certainly make a point to ask him how life has treated him. It may seem like a trivial question, but I'm genuinely interested in his journey. I wonder if he has found new love, and I genuinely hope he has. If not, I sincerely wish for him to have a happy and fulfilling life. His Hye-ryeong would undoubtedly want nothing more than his happiness, even if it's without her.

However, I'm perplexed by the intense reaction I had when he departed. In that moment, an unexplainable surge of frustration washed over me, leaving me contemplating if he had left something behind for me to feel, remember, or comprehend.

On another note, I'm quite curious about his younger half-brother.

Fingers halted their movement on the laptop's keyboard, fixed on the blinking vertical line. Eventually, they relaxed and reached for a chocolate snack bar beside an empty cup. The slender hand tore it open and took a large bite. The eyes scanned the words on the electronic white sheet, repeatedly reading them.

The author's concentration broke when a sweet, familiar voice called out, "baby, your bun-bun is here!" A man with a muscular physique approached the table, his brows unconsciously creasing. Taking a seat across from his partner, he noticed her staring at him with a hint of reproach. "Why are you looking at me like that?" he asked, removing his black facemask from his ears.

"'Baby!'" She mimicked his earlier tone, making an unflattering face. "You don't need to be so loud."

He pouted. "Did I distract you?"

"Obviously!" she exclaimed, taking another bite of chocolate. "Why did it take you so long to come? I've been waiting to eat together," she scolded, her mouth full.

A wide smile spread across his face. "If you know, you know."

"To the gym again?"

"Yup!"

She glared at him after glancing at the time on her laptop. "You're over thirty minutes late. Ugh! I'm famished!"

"But I told you to eat first."

"What's the point of going on a date with a boyfriend, then?" she grumbled, frowning.

Her boyfriend gave her a mischievous grin. "Aw-goo-goo, our Hye-ryeong is adorable when she's mad," he said, standing up and playfully squeezing her cheeks.

Hye-ryeong couldn't help but squirm. She tried in vain to push his hands away. "Wonho-yah, you're squeezing too hard!" she grumbled.

Only then did Wonho release his grip. Instead of feeling guilty, he wore an even bigger smile. He smoothed her disheveled hair and patted her head. "You're so cute today," he said, his grin unabated.