Shaking out of her daydream, Dee exited the common room to see Remus waiting like a gentleman. He removed his hand from his pocket to intertwine with hers as they headed towards the Hall. She never experienced this level of happiness, the serotonin clashing with dopamine might make her combust right on the spot.

Pandora watched from outside the hall with teary eyes as the couple came closer. She discreetly fanned her eyes, taking deep breaths but, she would not cry again. The blonde had been with her companion for a total of 4 birthdays - Their first year Dee was terribly homesick to the point where in the days leading up to her birthday she was crying every night at the missing presence of her mother. Pandora tried her best to console her gloom yet, it came to the day when Professor McGonagall was watching the young tear-stained girl floo home.

Delphina couldn't deny that it was the best surprise - aside from being accepted to Hogwarts of course. She couldn't wait to hear every sound she had missed for 16 years, how the black lake's small waves crashed and the chatter of the great hall during meal times. Together they walked towards the Great Hall - Delphina even swung their connected hands out of the joy in her heart that only the early hours of today had brought her.

"You ready?"

Remus watched the excitement in her profile bubble over, the adrenaline took over as her hands acted without thought pushing the great wooden doors open. The view was all too familiar, students conversing as their eyes were bigger than their stomachs foolishly loading their plates with tremendous amounts of food too big for their appetite.

The normal banter between groups of friends stressing about last-minute homework, recalling humorous anecdotes, and of course, plenty of gossiping. That's all it was to Remus and Pandora meaningless white noise they began to endure every time they stepped into the Hall. After 6 years of containing the sheer volume it never struck them that perhaps it wasn't normal to hear that quantity of uproar on a daily basis.

Delphina was certainly not familiarised with the commotion of her classmates, it was unbearable. From the sounds of cutlery scraping against the plates to rackety obnoxious laughter. Dee's hands flew up to cover her ears in an instant, a weak attempt to block out the noise - the consistent change in volume gave her an ear bleed to match the streams of tears running down her cheek.

She could only describe it as painful for her ears, the mere volume that her friends don't even bat an eyelid over is so loud and deafening that her ears began to ring clenching her jaw in a measure to soothe the intense distress. But to no avail, it initiated a throbbing migraine Delphine didn't know how to deal with the competing senses that were frying her brain it all began to fall like a domino effect as she suddenly collapsed to the floor her shaky arms made a weak attempt to hold up what was still functioning. The entire situation was so foreign and unknown that it could only build hysteria as if the castle walls were imprisoning her respiratory system from doing its task.

The surrounding became too blank for Delphina to process her vision was covered in black blotches trapping her in darkness. The faint chattering had faded only the high pitch was left ringing like a broken record, one by one her muscles released the tension till she couldn't feel her entire body, she took one last shaky breath before she felt nothing.

***

A plain white ceiling is what Delphina woke up to, she was in a dark enclosed room from what her brain could register with little movement of her head. It wasn't the Ravenclaw common room or her dorm, heck, not even the infirmary, so where was she?

The room was so dark Dee was almost fooled that it was already night - if it wasn't for the grandfather clock she spotted hanging lonely on the wall that read 11 o'clock in the morning. Her eyes widened in alarm, if it was already mid-day it meant that she was missing class, yet as she processed the information her body couldn't yield the power to proceed to whatever time was left in herbology.