Battle Scars

Jack G's POV

We all sort of just stood there while Matt, Nash, and Hayes tried to calm Via down. I don't think anybody really knew what to do. The doorbell rang, and Matt said, "I'll go get it." and Via screamed, "No!" and wouldn't let Matt go. Zayum, girls got lungs! But I didn't want Via to freak, so I said, "I'll go get it." I dragged JJ downstairs and it turned out to be the actual clothes delivery man. We carried up the boxes to Via's room and plunked them down. "The clothes are here." JJ said wiping his forehead. "Matt, can we go actually eat lunch now?" I smacked Taylor on the arm. "Why would you ask that?" I hissed. But Matt didn't seem to care. "Yea, sure." We all filed downstairs leaving Matt with Via. Cam looked really depressed but when Shawn mentioned it, he just shook his head.

Via's POV

"Why don't you go take a shower and pick out some new clothes? I'll be out here the whole time." Matt told me gently. "Um... Ok." I walked into the spacious bathroom, and turned on the shower. I got in and let the warm water run over my many scars and abrasions. Finally, I washed myself and my hair with a yummy-smelling vanilla soap and shampoo. When I got out of the shower I dried my hair and looked through the clothes Matt got me. Most of them were things that I wouldn't wear because of my scars, but I guess it would have to do, so I picked out a crop top that said girl power, and a pair of jean shorts, and tied a flannel around my waist. I walked out into my bedroom, forgetting that Matt was still there, and twirled around feeling free, until I heard a gasp. It was Matt. "Via, did you do this?" He asked referring to the scars on my stomach, back, thighs, arms, and legs. I shook my head. "No, remember when I showed you those scars on my arms? Well I have a lot more. My birth and adoptive parents did this." Matt crossed my room and hugged me. "I'm so sorry Via. But you know we have to tell the rest of the guys." I nodded and walked downstairs with Matt, tears running down my cheeks.

Cam's POV

Via came downstairs with Matt. She was crying, but I just looked away. I didn't want her to see the hurt on my face. Matt was talking, but I sort of tuned out until I heard Matt say. "I think Via needs to tell you something." I looked up at Via. Everybody was looking at her, and she hid her face in Matt's shirt. "Go on." Matt said gently, encouraging Via. It was then that I noticed her scars. "Via, d-d-did you do this?" She started crying even more than ever. "Her adoptive parents did this. I think that's why she's scared to trust us. She's physically and mentally traumatized." Matt picked up Via and sat on the couch. She rested her head in his lap and her feet on Nash's lap, and the rest of her on me and Hayes. Matt pushed her hair away from her face and said. "We'll protect you baby girl. Nobody will hurt you when we're around."