Secrets and Kidnapping

Matt's POV

Shawn came back downstairs with Via, and she seemed okay, so I guess she wasn't as scared as before. He gave me the look that said, I need to tell you something, so I said, "Hey, Via? I ordered you some clothes, and they should be here soon, so maybe you could wait by the door and tell us when the delivery guys get here." She nodded, and tentatively walked out of the room. I turned to Shawn and asked, "So, what is it?"

Shawn pulled out his phone, and started playing a video. I could hear someone playing the piano, and a girl's voice singing. "Is..is that...?" Shawn nodded. "Yup, that's Via." Jack G whistled. "Wow, she's good." "It's not even that. She was playing the entire song from memory." Shawn replied. We were all interrupted by a loud scream coming from the entry hall.

Hayes' POV

We all bolted from the table. I couldn't see because of all the bodies in front of me. I pushed my way to the front of the pack, and gasped. Via was curled up in the corner crying while Brent pointed a handgun at her. I started walking over to where Via was, but Brent shouted, "Stay back or the brat gets it!" I looked at Via, who was now shaking uncontrollably. "It'll be okay." I whispered to her. Then I hurried back to the group, not wanting anybody to get hurt.

"What do you want?" Cam asked coolly. "What do I want? That's easy. I want the girl." Brent smirked. "Well you can't have her."Cam countered. "Would you rather the brat gets hurt?" Brent crossed the relatively tiny entry hall in three steps, grabbed Via by the shoulders, and put the gun to her head. "Help." Via mouthed. "Please." Cam took a step back. "You wouldn't dare." "Brent just wrapped his arm around Via's neck, keeping the gun steady. "Try me." Cam opened his mouth to say something, but Brent interrupted him. "Talk and she dies."

Nash's POV

Brent threatened to kill Via if any of us talked, but I had to tell them that I had a plan somehow. I secretly fired off a quick text to Cam and hoped he had his phone on vibrate. The text tone rang in the silence. Oh, crap. "Read it out loud. Now." Brent commanded. "Um.. Okay." Cam replied hesitantly. I hoped he would have the sense to lie. "'Hey, Cam. I had fun at the fair on Tuesday. Thanks for the adorable teddy bear you won me. Kisses! See you soon.'" Brent smirked again. "You're lying. I know for a fact because we had a movie night on Tuesday."

Cam's POV

I heard my phone ring in the quiet hall. It was from Nash. It said, "'I have a plan.'" Brent snapped his head towards the sound. "Read it out loud. Now." I knew I had to lie to keep Via safe. "Um.. Okay." I made up a text as I went along. "'Hey, Cam. I had fun at the fair on Tuesday. Thanks for the adorable teddy bear you won me. Kisses! See you soon.'" I thought I had done a pretty good job, but obviously I didn't because Brent smirked. "You're lying. I know for a fact because we had a movie night on Tuesday." Oops, I had forgotten about that. Dang it. Brent continued talking. "You had your chance and blew it. Now she dies."

Via's POV

"You had your chance and blew it. Now she dies." I started struggling frantically. "Don't bother. You can't get away." I felt Brent's hot breath on my neck as he brutally murdered any hope of my survival. Slowly, he squeezed my neck in his arm. I saw the boys' horrified faces as darkness tinged the edges of my eyesight. The pain suddenly subsided as everything went black.

Hayes' POV

Via went limp in Brent's arms, and all hell broke loose. Matt sprang forward, knocking the gun from Brent. He let go of Via, and she collapsed on the floor. Her lips were blue. Cam rushed over to her and he shook his head. I dropped to my knees next to him, nearly oblivious to the mayhem around me. "Is she okay?" I asked, panic in my voice. Via was already like a little sister to me. "I'm not sure. We need to get her out of here before Brent hurts her. Get her upstairs and keep her safe. I will personally...." Cam broke off. I quickly picked her up bridal-style, and started up the stairs. Via was really light, she couldn't have weighed more than 60 pounds. The last thing I saw before we disappeared upstairs was Cam charging into the fight and punching Brent square in the jaw.