Coaxing

Via's POV

It was really uncomfortable being squished behind the couch, but I felt safe. When my parents would hurt me, I would hide to keep myself alive. I heard Matt say, "Guys, leave. Just go to bed." Then he peered over the top of the couch. "Via, you can't stay there forever. Please come out so we can talk." "No!" I said. "Please? We can't help you if you're behind the couch." "No! I don't want to!" Matt sighed and said, "Fine, if you want to stay there forever." "I can't come out. If I do, Cam might hurt me." I told him. Matt looked at me and said, "Cam won't hurt you. None of us will hurt you." "What about Brent?" "Brent isn't going to hurt you. Cam kicked him out." I pondered this and said, "Ok. But don't expect me to like Cam or Nash. And also I'm not going back to sleep."

Matt's POV

I was able to get her out from behind the couch, but obviously, Via wasn't ready to sleep, or talk to the other boys yet. "Hey, Via. Wanna help me design your own room. If we order the stuff now, it'll get here tomorrow." She actually seemed a little enthusiastic about the idea. "Wait here, I'll get a piece of paper and a pencil." Instead of waiting, though, she followed me like a little shadow, shying away from the other boys as they passed her. When I got our supplies, she trailed behind me to the computer. I sat at the desk and pulled up a stool.

Via sat down and drew a remarkably detailed sketch of the room she wanted. The room would be pink with white furniture, and a darker pink rug. The bedspread and pillows would be leopard print, and the desk would have those movie star lights around it. There would be a bean bag corner and a ballet barre along one wall. When Via was finished, she showed the drawing to me confidently saying, "Done." I went online with her and she chose the colors and patterns for everything. I ordered it using the Magcon AmEx, sat back and stretched.

"Whew." I said. Than I looked at my phone. It was already 6:00 in the morning! Wow did the night go fast. I turned to Via and said, "Let's go make breakfast." "Um....okay." As we were walking to the kitchen, she turned to me and said, "My wrist hurts. And my ankle. Oh, yea, about that. We made a detour to the downstairs bathroom. I got two braces out of the closet, and fitted them around her wrist and ankle. "Thanks....Matt." "No problem."