Chapter 29

The blanket pooled around Mila's bare waist as she leaned against Buck's naked chest.

He fed her a strawberry, finishing off what she didn't eat.

He sighed, "I should just stay inside every day. More fun in here than out there."

"I wouldn't be able to walk," she smiled. He chuckled, a pleased rumble that warmed her inside and out. His hand slid against her arm.

She sighed, "It's been a crazy few months."

He made a noise if agreement. "It has. I can't imagine life without you. I'm so grateful for that test."

"That stupid test," she shook her head. "It feels like a lifetime ago. You've made me a completely different person, a better person."

"I didn't do anything, darlin'. You did all of the hard work."

"Yes, you did, Buck. You love and care for me, gave me everything I ever needed, everything I could ever want. I am who I am because of you."

He kissed her, gently, passionately. He loved the feel of her soft body against his. He was so in love with this girl who had changed his life for the better. She turned, pushing into the kiss.

"Do you want to get married?" she whispered.

"Right now?" he teased, chasing her lips. " Better put some clothes on, baby."

She laughed as he trailed down her neck.

"Just in general."

"I don't need to prove to anyone my love for you," he confessed softly. "But I would love to see a ring on your finger, to show you are taken."

"That would be nice. I think you would look very nice with a ring," she said, inspecting his hand. She placed her small palm against his. He curled his fingers around hers, bringing it up for a kiss.

"Since we are on the topic, what about kids?" he asked.

She sighed, beginning to cool down even up against his heated body. She pulled the blanket higher.

"I've never given it any thought," she said honestly.

"I know I want them, maybe two or three. A lot would have to change around here though. I'd have to hire more people so I could be home."

"You need to anyway."

"Yeah, Jackson and I need more hands, and more time. I want more time with you."

She smiled, cuddling closer.

"I think I'd like having a few kids. Obviously not for awhile, but it would be nice to have a family with you."

She felt his smile as he kissed her forehead.

She gave a yawn, all of the days activities catching up to her. She didn't get much of a nap before Buck came in, and she got up early. She didn't know how he did it every morning.

"Come on, Honey," Buck said, setting the plate of strawberries on the bedside table. He eased himself down, taking Mila down with him. "Let's get some sleep."

"You better actually mean sleep," she said quietly. "I need more then fifteen minutes this time."

He chuckled, "I promise more than fifteen minutes this time. I can't much more than that."

"Insatiable," she muttered, closing her eyes.

"Just really in love with you," he rumbled, wrapping his arms around her and following her lead.