Chapter 17

Buck grabbed Mila in a hug, lifting her off of the ground. She laughed, and he settled on the couch with her on his lap.

He pressed a loud kiss to her cheek, loving her stunning smiles.

They settled down, and she snuggled closer to his chest. He ran his hand along the curve of her back.

"You know, you're my best friend in the whole world," she admitted.

He chuckled, low and deep. The vibrations made her smile bigger.

"I mean, Jackson is a pretty strong contender for me," he said, teasing her.

She giggled, hitting his chest lightly. She continued. "I've never had a best friend before, and I'm thankful it's you."

"Such a sweetheart," he cooed. "The prettiest and sweetest girl I've ever met in my whole entire life."

He could feel her blush and he bit back a grin, squeezing her tight.

They laid there in comfort for a few minutes. His hand ran along her back and her little fingers traced circles through his shirt. It was true though, never had he ever met anyone as special as Mila. She was beyond his wildest dream, and he was so blessed to have her in his life.

"We need to talk about the rules. We made it through the trial week. I want to know your thoughts and concerns."

"It didn't take nearly as much effort as I thought," she admitted. "I like the structure, and I know I struggle with some things, like talking to you when I'm upset, so it was really beneficial for me."

"What about the punishment?"

"It was fine, Buck," she said honestly. She didn't grasp the impact discipline had on him, and she turned to face him, cupping his cheeks. "Truly. I thought it was very reasonable, if not a little easy. I can color out if it gets to much, and I would tell you, I would."

"I know," he mumbled. "But if you're struggling to talk to me, it makes me worry that you wouldn't use your colors appropriately."

She nodded. That was very valid. "I understand."

"But, it was good week, and I am so, so proud of you."

She bent her head so their mouths met, and then she released him, smiling happily.

"Falling in love with you," she admitted, a shy mumble that he hardly heard. He immediately smiled.

"You had to turn away, didn't you?" he grinned. He felt her blush, but he coaxed her to look at him, only continuing when he saw her pretty brown eyes. "I'm falling in love with you, Mila. You're my everything. Come up here and give me a kiss."

He liked this blush much better. It wasn't a nervous, anxious one that she normally had to fight through, this was sweet and adorable.

Mila did as she was told, pressing her lips to his. She liked when he smiled, so handsome, so good to her. Her heart thudded in her chest, a gentle softness that filled her entire being with warmth. She tangled her hands in his fluffy hair, her nails scratching his scalp just like he liked.

He pulled her closer, deepening the kiss. He loved the noises she made, like music to his ears. She flattened out her body so she was pressed more flushly against him.

Her hips knocked his, and it took everything in him not to push back into her. It felt so damn good.

He pulled away, unable to resist a few more smaller kisses on her swollen lips.

"Let's slow down, baby," he mumbled, a bit breathless. "Are you okay?"

"I'm okay," she whispered. "Are you okay? It was me who initiated it, and-"

"Don't overthink it, honey. I love your kisses. I don't want to move too fast for you. I know we haven't been together long."

She smiled, giving him another peck. "I'm okay. I was having fun." She gave a cute pout and he chuckled. "Can't we do it again? I'll tell you if it's too much."

"Pinky promise?" he asked, holding up his pinky.

She latched her finger with his, before leaning to kiss his hand.

"Promise. Sealed with a kiss."

She moved back towards his face, this time cupping his cheeks. She kissed him, a bit more urgently this time.

He kept a steady hand at the back of her head, his tongue running along the seam of his lips.

She hummed, pulling away. "Can we actually go camping?"

He released her, letting his head drop back with a laugh. He slid his hands to her hips.

"It's nice to know what you're thinking of right now, honey," he teased, bringing his own hips up gently.

Her eyes fluttered at the feeling of him.

"I'm serious," she said. "I've never really gone on a trip, and I think it would be fun."

He sighed, a smile still pulling at his lips. "You might be able to persuade me with a few more kisses."