twenty-two

CHAPTER TWENTY-TWO:

Renesme

Within the next few weeks, Bella had her child, Renesme, a child that grew at a concerning pace. As for the Volturi, they were completely unaware of the existence of Renesme. "Jasper thinks that will find answers in Brazil," Bella said to Jacob, "there are tribes there that might know something". Anger makes us do foolish things maybe that's why in the distance, looking at Renesme, Irina decided to tell the Volturi of the immortal child, after all, they were the ones responsible for Laurents death. "Who is that?" the child asks clinging to Jacob's leg. "I think it's our cousin from Denali," Bella said looking at Irina while she was standing far from her.

"Irina!"

She had to tell the Volturi, Irina noticed Bella racing towards making her turn and run as far away from them and closer to the Volturi. 

~~~~~~~~

Jane and Edward were standing hand in hand, a silent conversation between them. Suddenly the doors of the room opened, Irina and one of the guards entered causing Caius to be extremely annoyed. "What do you want?" He asked turning around to face her, Jane and Edward made their way towards Irina wanting to protect their masters. Jane looked at Edward before leaning in and kissing his lips, she turned to look at Irina as she was glaring at them. She smirked before standing next to her, Edward on the other side.

Irina took an unnecessary breath before walking closer to Caius. "I have to report a crime," Irina said waiting a moment before she continued speaking, "the Cullens, they have done something terrible".Edward didn't hate his family, they were the only ones who help him and turned him, so as soon as those words came out of Irina's mouth he was extremely protective of them. He stepped closer to Irina but before he could say or do anything else Aro put his book down and within seconds he was in front of Irina. 

"Allow me, my dear" 

Grabbing her hand Aro saw everything she saw, the immortal child catching snowflakes and a newborn Bella chasing after her. Edward saw it, all of it from the beginning, a growl almost escaping his throat, he could hear Aro's furious thoughts along with what their punishment for this crime will be. 

"Ohh my" 

~~~~~~

Alice smiled, the vase filled with flowers, Alec had given her in hand, the soft music of the piano filling the room. That's when she saw it, the black shoes only the Volturi wear crushing the hardened snow beneath their feet, a sea of black cloaks coming their way filling up a field, trees covered in snow in the background. 

Alec was right.

She dropped the vase making it break, broken glass scattered everywhere. Alec had been outside reminiscing if he should tell the Volturi of the baby or if they already knew that if they did, what would that mean for him and Alice, hearing the vase break, Alec made his way over to Alice. "What is it, Alice?" he asked concern written all over his face. 

"You were right, the Volturi they're coming for us Aro, Caius, Marcus, the guard, Irina, and Edward," Alice said her gaze never leaving Alec's. He knew when Bella told everyone Irana saw them it was a matter of seconds before she told the Volturi, after all, Bella was the reason the dog killed her mate. 

"Why?" Jasper asked concerned over Bella and their daughter. Alec grabbed Alice's hand before speaking not wanting the Cullen to be in the dark. "Irina thinks Renesme is an immortal child" Alec spoke, he made his way toward the bookshelves before grabbing a book, he knew Bella was confused and that he needed to explain, that the situation of an immortal child wasn't taken lightly when it happened, he was there when they first encounter an immortal child. 

"The immortal children were very beautiful, so enchanting, to be near them was to love them, but their development was frozen at the age they were turned, they couldn't be taught or restrained, a single tantrum could destroy an entire village," Alec said remembering the adorable blonde boy but that single three-year-old boy destroyed an entire village. 

"Humans heard about the devastation story spread, we were forced to intervene since the children couldn't protect our secret they had to be destroyed, the creators were very attached they fought to protect them, long-established covens torn apart, countless humans slaughtered, traditions, friends, even families lost" Alec explained, his eyebrows scrunched focused on the distant memory of how the Denalis cried for their mother and how he had to hold Kate down from saving her mother. His thought were interrupted by the newborn, "So the Denalis mother made an immortal child?" She asked not quite sure how to feel.

"Yes, and she paid the price," Alec said as emotionless as he felt, he knew that many were judging him except Alice but he didn't care if they did, her crime was severe and she had to learn her lesson. "My sister threw the child in the fire along with her creator, the beautiful boy burned and this will happen to all of you if Alice's vision is correct," He said his hand finding Alice's, her eyes detached from the conversation, they were currently having. 

"Well Renesme is nothing like those children, she was born not bitten, she grows every single day" Bella explained suddenly a wave of calmness hit her making her grab Jasper's hand, as he was standing behind her. 

"So can you just explain that to the Volturi" the dog, Jacob, said.

"Aro has enough proof in Irina's thoughts" Alec stated looking at Alice, Alec knew his mate had a plan but whatever that plan was didn't involve them staying here with the Cullen's waiting for the Volturi to come to murder them all. 

"So we fight," Emmett said rather thrilled by the idea. Carlisle knew that if they were to fight the Volturi they would lose, Alec turned to look at Emmettbefore speaking again, "The Volturi's offensive weapons are too powerful no one could stand against Jane and know that Edward is by her side, we will surely lose, he would tell her and the others our moves". Alice smiled at him before kissing his lips lightly she turned her head brushing against his ear before speaking low enough no other could hear, "I have a plan but we have to get out of here"

He nodded before Bella spoke, "well, we convince them" 

"They're coming to kill us not to talk" the blonde girl who was standing next to Emmett said.

"You're right, they won't listen to us maybe others could convince them, Carlisle, you have friends all around the world," Jasper said desperate to find a plan, not wanting to see his family dead. Carlisle shook his head before saying, "I won't ask them to fight"

"Not fight, witness if enough people knew the truth maybe we could convince the Volturi to listen," he said again making Esme nod, "we could ask some of our friends"

"We have to leave now, Alec," Alice said whispering to Alec, the rest of the Cullens were too distracted to notice their conversation and too panicked to listen to their plan. He nodded before acting as if nothing happened. 

______

 comment, like and share

upcoming story (jane volturi fanfiction) 

 comment if you guys would like a sneak peek