sixteen

Chapter Sixteen: 

Bella Swan

Bella Swan was annoying Jane after Edward and she came back from the forest, both of them wearing clothes that weren't torn off. She had been waiting anxiously for both of them in the leaving room, the Cullens didn't really expect her to show up due to the fact that it was the middle of the night, and she needed sleep. Jane never understood the constant need for humans to send glares one's way, just as Bella had been doing for the past twenty minutes. 

Adorable, don't you think baby, your human thinks she could hurt me with mere looks, Jane thought. 

Edward chuckled lightly pressing a kiss on Jane's temple as rested her head on his shoulder. Bella cleared her throat interrupting the scene before her. Edward hadn't looked at Bella much only looking at his mate, not a single thing else mattered. "When did this happen?" Bella said tears pooling in her eyes. 

Could she not cry for two seconds, Jane thought.

"Jane" Edward warned reading her mind he then turned his attention to a confused Bella and he began talking, "a couple of weeks after I joined". Bella thought she was going to pass out, the blood was rushing to her head making her feel lightheaded, she felt her tears fall. Jane rolled her eyes before reaching across the living room table and grabbing the pack of cigarettes Alec had left. Edward placed his hand on her thigh as she took a drag of her cigarette, passing over to Edward he copied the same action she did seconds ago, leaving once again a very confused Bella to look at them. "The last time I saw you...y-you didn't...smoke" the human stuttered looking between Edward.

"I didn't smoke until I met Jane, she gave me a cigarette... the first time we got together" Jane smiled at the memory it was one of their best moments together, him being an amateur at smoking coughed for half an hour while she just died of laugher. "That's not healthy...it could kill you" before Bella could process what came out of her mouth, the couple broke into laughter. 

Bella reddened in embarrassment, "I-I know t-that you don't die...I-I d-don't know what I was thinking". Edward shook his head trying to calm his laughter down, and as for Jane, she continued to laugh not caring about embarrassing the human more than she already was. "It's okay, why exactly are you here, Bella," Edward said finishing Jane's cigarette, Jane looked at Bella truly wondering what the human was doing here, she had already seen them together in the field so why torture herself more, maybe she liked it or she was seeking an answer for a question Jane didn't know. 

"I just want an explanation...what happen...what changed...who changed you into this person...Edward, please," Bella said desperation clear in her voice making Edward feel somewhat guilty. 

"When I joined the Volturi I rebelled against them and didn't feed or talk. didn't follow orders until Jane came into my room and talked to me she told me not to live in depression over someone I was never going to see again and I didn't after that I started seeing Jane again but differently this time I saw how beautiful she looked when she smiled or how she excused herself every time she accidentally snorted when she laughs and then I noticed things about her that made me fall in love with her, like how she curls her lip when she concentrates too much or when gets too embarrassed she comes up with a sly remark even if it doesn't make sense one day everything changed maybe it was Jane who changed me or the Volturi but I don't regret it I don't regret giving myself up for you I met Jane and I'm happy for the first time in a century, thank you for rescuing me and putting yourself in danger truly I owe you my happiness" Edward said after saying those things Bella couldn't process what he just said, she knew he loved Jane and it brought her immense pain. 

"I did love you, Bella but I don't think I'll ever love anyone like I love Jane and I don't think I ever did" Edward looked at Jane while she only looked outside "Is she your mate?" Bella asked making Edward nod, causing Bella to stand up and leave, a broken look on her face.

Edward nodded convincing himself that things between him and Bella might be alright, not that he was going to stay long enough to find out. Jane stood up towering over Edward who was still sitting down. "Who knew you could be such a romantic, Cullen," Jane said laughing slightly remembering the proclamation of love Edward had told Bella. Edward grabbed Jane by the waist pulling her towards him, Jane sat on his lap putting both her legs on each side of his waist.  "Now you know that's how I feel about you," Edward said bringing one of his hands up to her cheek cupping her face. Jane smiled, "I love you, Edward, more than anything you make me feel happier than ever," Jane said resting her forehead against Edward's.  

________

comment, vote, and share